Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Retaaza is a social enterprise that strives to make local food more accessible and affordable, directly supports our communities’ farmers, reconnects consumers to their food, and feeds families struggling with food insecurity. We are building robust relationships with local farmers, community organizations, local businesses, and individuals to create a nimble, streamlined approach that is making a measurable impact economically, socially, and environmentally across our communities.
This is a hybrid position but can be remote, and our HQ is in Atlanta at Atlanta Tech Village. Our Operations Coordinator will oversee day-to-day order logistics which could involve overseeing operations around Georgia as needed, so there could be some driving involved. They will be primarily responsible for managing and operationalizing all of our stakeholder orders and will serve as our go-to for figuring out how to execute.
Retaaza Team Members
● Entrepreneurial – they take initiative and are comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change
● Adept at turning unstructured problems into well-defined plans
● Willing to learn, ask questions, and listen
● Willing to pitch in and roll up their sleeves to help – even if the task(s) is not formally part of their role
● Ethical and have high integrity in their approach to situations
● Committed to addressing food insecurity, saving food waste, and helping farmers in the state of Georgia and beyond
Role Responsibilities Include
● Internal team management, including but not limited to benefits, hiring process, performance evaluations, and the internship program
● Update impact reporting
● Oversee grants management including maintaining the grants calendar and finding and applying to new opportunities
● Manage certifications
● Metrics tracking and reporting for grants and certifications
● Work cross-functionally within the organization across all areas
● Communicate and maintain a positive relationship with all stakeholders at Retaaza, including but not limited to farmers, customers, internal and external partners, and logistics team
● Work directly with senior leadership to support strategic partnerships and projects
● Represent the organization as an external ambassador for the work
● Assist the senior leadership team with special projects as they arise
● Manage and own Retaaza’s work and productivity management platforms
● A minimum of 2+ years of operations and/or project management
● Ability to balance multiple projects at once
● Excellent project management skills
● Creative, out of the box problem solver – able to just figure things out
● Strong customer service skills (we default to over communication and respect)
● Strong written and verbal communicator
● Proficiency with Google Workspace, Canva, and Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
● Process driven and can create new, streamlined processes
● Access to a car you have permission to drive, when needed
● Clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
● Previous experience in a startup or nonprofit environment
● Previous experience in project management, administrative, and/or chief of staff roles
$40,000-$60,000 – negotiable and commensurate with location and experience
Medical benefits including dental and vision, 401k, unlimited PTO, direct deposit, remote work, educational opportunities, fresh produce, and much more.
We are a high performing, remote team that aims to make people’s lives better every day. Our goal is to work smarter, not harder, but the problems we are tackling require hard work, imagination, and a willingness to collaborate, brainstorm, support, and learn from each other. We are a family that aims to function as a well-oiled machine. Retaaza is a place for personal and professional growth and where excellence is rewarded. We have high expectations of each other and of the organization and ask that our team members show up with a positive, can-do attitude that is uplifting to others around them. We authentically care about each other and the stakeholders we are serving. The passion that we bring to Retaaza and our personal work ethic makes deadlines. and the unavoidable stress, easier. We expect team members to feel a sense of accountability for the success of the people they work with every day and for the success of the business. We want everyone to come to work feeling like they can unapologetically bring their whole self. Our work requires heart, humility, excellence, creativity, and respect. Ultimately, the work, and our mission of refreshing the way we feed the world, is bigger than any individual.
We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Email email@example.com with a cover letter, an up-to-date resume, and three professional references.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.