The Back-end developer will work alongside the Communications Design team to support websites devoted to public health content pertaining to cardiovascular health and preventing epidemics. The Resolve to Save Lives Communications Design team will handle a majority of the front-end work. Resolve to Save Lives hosts a mixture of sites on installations of WordPress (Prevent Epidemics) and Statamic (Resolve to Save Lives, Links Community). The role requires experience with WordPress, and Advanced Custom Fields plugin in particular are essential, while knowledge of Statamic and similar modern flat-file CMS’s such as Kirby will be useful for future projects. This is a contractor role with an anticipated level of effort of up to 30 hours per week.
• Fluent in PHP 7
• Fluent in WordPress theme development, with an up-to-date knowledge of best practices for maintaining performant, secure WordPress themes
• Expert understanding of Advanced Custom Fields
• Comfort with Git, and with version control more broadly
• Comfort with basic deployment systems
• Fluent with CSS styling, and comfort with SCSS, specifically
• Comfort in basic systems administration, including NGINX configuration, installation of SSL certificates, DNS management, etc.
• Comfort—or willingness to learn—the ins and outs of Statamic, Kirby, or other flat-file CMS systems
• Ability to self-manage multiple deadlines, and to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
• A willingness to help us improve our technical practice wherever possible
• Experience—or a willingness to learn—data visualization software, such as R, Shiny, etc.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.