Qoins is a financial wellness company that helps consumers pay off their debt faster by combining financial education and automation. Our platform automates the process of sending out extra payments towards debt, reducing payoff time and the amount of interest paid. We also provide free video content the helps people understand more about debt and their finances as a whole. The average American dies with an outstanding debt balance of over $61,000, and we’re helping solve that problem.
We launched in January 2017 on iOS and Android. In that time, we’ve helped our customers pay off over $15 million worth of debt. We’ve been shown or featured on The Today Show, CNN Money and other national news outlets.
Qoins is a minority-led (Latino and Black) company. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and culture. In 2020, we received the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund award, and our founders were named to the 2021 Forbes 30 Under 30 list.
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer at Qoins, you’ll be integrating into our existing technical team. You’ll write and deploy code that helps shape the future of our product. You’ll participate in talking through and developing new features, integrating new external services and more. You should be energetic, confident, coachable and excited about the problem that our company is solving.
The ideal candidate will have experience with React Native or a strong background with React and other experience building mobile applications.
This will be a full-time, remote position, with the option to eventually transition to a hybrid in-person/remote role.
What you will be doing:
- Write and maintain front-end React Native code as part of a native application, including UI components and state management logic
- Contribute to decisions about code design, architecture and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality
- Assist in testing
- Conduct peer code reviews
- Collaborate with members of other internal teams (UI/UX, Backend Engineers, Customer Success, etc.)
- Evaluate the performance and feasibility of new components and optimize new and existing components to assure maximum usability, performance, and scalability
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience developing mobile applications for iOS & Android
- 2+ years of experience writing mobile applications with React Native, or web applications with React
- Strong Redux proficiency
- Experience with Git version control and GitHub
- Motivation to work productively with a remote team and manage your time without close supervision
- Proactive and clear communication
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience building apps with Bubble
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, Math or another analytic discipline
- Previous early stage startup or Fintech experience
Other benefits and perks:
- Healthcare coverage through UnitedHealthcare (including dental)
- Fully remote position, with the eventual option for hybrid work at a coworking space
- Flexible work schedule
To apply, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make your subject line “Application: Front End Software Engineer” and attach your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com