PrizePicks: The easiest, fastest & most fun daily fantasy sports
Love sports? Attracted to the startup hustle? This role might be perfect for you!
Performance Predictions is the holding company for a suite of innovative technologies focused on increasing sports fan engagement. We have built award-winning software from solutions like handling your fantasy league dues to facilitating side bets in your fantasy league.
Our flagship game, PrizePicks, is intended for those sports fans who want to have something extra riding on their sports viewing experience. We have created the most simple, fast, and fun fantasy daily sports game and our members seem to enjoy the innovative format and level of support we offer: www.facebook.com/pg/prizepicks/reviews
As our Lead Frontend Engineer at Performance Predictions, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining exciting new features in the PrizePicks mobile and web application clients. You will be devising strategy, developing product features, and overseeing execution for one of the fastest-growing software products in the fantasy sports industry. You’ll join a diverse, dynamic, and fast-paced environment and work with every team and stakeholder to ensure that we are delivering products that move the business forward.
On a day to day basis, you will spend your time developing new and innovative features for PrizePicks, working with our product team to further the platform, and implementing practices in our codebases for the future.
We’re looking for creative and curious engineers passionate about building innovative products in the fantasy sports industry.
• A strong written and verbal communicator
• Autonomous; you can take little direction, develop a plan and execute
• Experienced at writing clean, scalable code with significant experience in one or more languages.
• Excited to move fast, prioritize, and continuously make critical product decisions.
• Comfortable with and curious about working outside of a traditional narrow engineering role.
• A self-starter: you have started something on your own before – a startup, an open-source project, something else.
What You’ll Do:
• Write clean, readable, maintainable, and flexible code with the agility required at a fast-paced startup.
• Translate designs/mockups and requirements into responsive frontend interfaces/components.
• Prototype and build proof of concepts with different technologies to understand trade-offs.
• Take an existing codebase and enact practices that benefit engineering the long run
• Work with product owners and stakeholders to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Encourage innovation, implementation of new tech, new frameworks, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
What You’ll Need:
• At least two years of work experience with React or React Native, as well as Redux.
• Strong computer science background with the knowledge and practical experience needed to contribute to decisions on data modeling, software architecture, and infrastructure.
• Strong understanding of Design Patterns, Object Oriented Design, Software Architecture, Systems Integration Concepts
• Experience with the design and implementation of REST APIs and services
• Experience with Ruby on Rails
• Familiarity with TypeScript
• Previous founder/startup experience
• Passionate about fantasy sports or sports in general
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.