We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join the Nine Labs team and help create and deliver world-class experiences to our client’s customers. As a UX Designer you will be responsible for working directly with clients, key stakeholders, and end users to conceptualize, design, and overhaul digital experiences through the creation of functional and beautiful user interfaces.
Responsibilities in this role will span the entire user-centered design process, from user research, wireframing, and concept creation, to high-fidelity prototyping, usability testing, and assisting the Sr. UX Designer with final asset production and implementation.
Who you are:
You are intensely curious and highly empathetic, and you get a thrill from using those traits along with your skills to uncover the truth about what motivates humans to do what they do. You study psychology, behavioral economics, and probably have strong opinions on ethnographic research.
You love getting in front of users to stay centered on their needs. You’re a collaborator who seeks out everyone who needs to be at the table. You’re quick to change your opinions if the data points another direction.
Though you’re skilled at many things, you are particularly strong in visual design and the research phases of the design process, and you enjoy sharing these strengths with your team. You’re excited about helping us build a great company and world-class human-centered design team. You ask why… a lot. You love to learn and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Your Work Environment:
We operate at the intersection of Design, Business, and Technology. Our clients range from exciting and fast-moving startups to some of the largest companies in the world. Regardless of their size, our goal is to help our clients build the products and services of the future with clarity and confidence. We seek to understand their business goals, their users goals, and how to use technology to create products and services which solve the goals of both sides with elegance.
We operate as a fully remote distributed workforce, which means you’ll have more autonomy than almost anywhere else. It’s a Results Only Work Environment so the focus is always on achieving the best outcomes for our clients and ourselves. Our goal with every project is to create the best possible work for our clients, on time, and on budget, every time.
Your day-to-day Responsibilities:
– Quickly grasp complex problems and generate ideas that lead to functional and elegant user experiences.
– Create deliverables for the entire design process, including interaction models, workflows, information architecture, interface design, and low and high-fidelity prototypes.
– Collaborate with design peers and cross functional teams to build concept consensus.
– Work with Sr. UX Designer to clearly articulate and present concepts to the larger product team and other stakeholders.
– Participate in workshops to gather design requirements and prioritize needs.
– Conduct various forms of research and interact directly with client stakeholders and end users.
– Extract meaning from mounds of user data, making it easy to consume to move forward in the design process.
– Use research as a launching pad to design workflows, screens, and interactions.
– Collaborate with other designers and cross-departmentally with product, development, customer success, sales, marketing teams.
– Implement design system components in your workstream for design consistency and contribute back to the design system.
– Use rapid ideation and design tools to create prototypes for usability testing.
– Conduct usability tests for user-centered iterative improvements.
– Work with the development team on implementation of your designs.
– 3+ years relevant experience in enterprise UX, product, and interaction design.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to simplify complex concepts.
– Proficiency in visual design using the following: Sketch/InVision, Figma, Axure, and similar tools.
– Experience in generating design and user experience assets for end-to-end workflows.
– Ability to define and translate business requirements and user feedback into prototypes with optimal user experiences.
– Ability to translate flowcharts and wireframes into intuitive, usable, visually polished UI systems.
– A strong understanding of UI conventions and challenges for responsive web design and other emerging platforms, including UI optimization for best performance and optimal footprint on mobile devices.
– Ability to produce high quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solutions.
– Excellent organizational and efficient time management skills.
– High aptitude for making design decisions backed by data.
– Contributes productively and proactively as part of a team.
– Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
– Enthusiastic and creative with the ability to inspire others.
– Must be eighteen years of age or older.
– Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Compensation and Benefits:
– Competitive salary commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
– Health Benefits Include: Health, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD/Basic Life
– Generous PTO policy
About Nine Labs:
Founded in 2012, Nine Labs is a leading human-centered digital design consultancy based in Atlanta, GA. In addition to our full-time staff at Atlanta HQ and regular presence in New York City, we retain a deep network of consultants, researchers, designers, engineers, developers, and analysts. Our extended team includes some of the most talented people in the industry.
Learn more at https://www.ninelabs.com
To apply for this job email your details to Miranda@ninelabs.com