Nine Labs Senior Product Manager
Nine Labs, an Atlanta-based digital design and UX consulting agency is looking for a skilled, creative, and strategic thought leader to join our growing team as a Senior Product Manager.
Before we dig into the deets about the role, a bit about our mentality at Nine Labs: We strive to build a great place for smart people to do their best work. Our business and our team are growing, and we’re really excited about it. We believe in a flexible, friendly and creative work environment. If this sounds good to you, keep reading.
Who you are:
You are highly organized and laser focused on execution. You are curious about what motivates people to take certain actions, and you revel in research, data, and consumer insights. You have the ability to prioritize customer and client needs at a macro level without losing sight of the ‘Big Picture’. You’re strategic and always curious about trends and evolving technologies.
Though you’re skilled at many things, you are particularly strong in your written and verbal communication, and possess the innate ability to communicate effectively to a diverse group of stakeholders. You’re excited about helping us build a great company and world-class human-centered design team. You ask why… a lot. You love to learn and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Your Work Environment:
We operate at the intersection of Design, Business, and Technology. Our clients range from exciting and fast-moving startups to some of the largest companies in the world. Regardless of their size, our goal is to help our clients build the products and services of the future with clarity and confidence. We seek to understand their business goals, their users goals, and how to use technology to create products and services which solve the goals of both sides with elegance.
We operate as a fully remote distributed workforce, which means you’ll have more autonomy than almost anywhere else. It’s a Results Only Work Environment so the focus is always on achieving the best outcomes for our clients and ourselves. Our goal with every project is to create the best possible work for our clients, on time, and on budget, every time.
Your day-to-day Responsibilities:
- Ask the right questions and gather data to uncover critical insights you’ll use to prioritize features and build stakeholder buy-in
- Quickly understand and crystalize client & customer needs to help launch and lead projects of varying complexity
- Plan and organize research efforts; understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research; strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Create deliverables that are core to creating delightful products, including but not limited User Task Outlines, Journey Maps, UX Flows, and Wireframes.
- Conduct research with customer, prospect, and banker audiences across the entire product development process; varying as needed in approach, scale, scope, timeframe, and methodology (including, but not limited to, ethnographic studies, storyboarding, effective question construction, usability tests, surveys, co-creation workshops, A/B tests, one-on-one usability studies, eye-tracking, remote usability studies, online and in-person focus groups, device testing, cognitive walkthroughs, expert/heuristic reviews, customer / employee site visits, contextual inquiry, task analysis, statistical analysis of behavioral data, recruiting, phone interviews, card sorting, and quantitative benchmarking studies.)
- Collate and analyze results
- Lead client meetings and working sessions with cross-functional teams ensuring all marketing, design, and development stakeholders are aligned on tasks and expectations
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling ways through concise written reports and/or engaging presentations
- Contribute actionable research to improve designs, prioritize features, and guide the roadmap
- Collaborate cross-functionally with project management, business analysts, design, user experience and delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equiv) in a related field such as human computer interaction, computer science, industrial design, business management, economics, or finance
- At least 5 years experience leading Product Management for complex B2B and B2C applications
- Experience working in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile devices, and brick-and-mortar experiences.
- Strong knowledge of UX best practices, including website information architecture, interactive design principles, responsive design, usability, service design, and how UX relates to business needs.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, and business stakeholders.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills and executive polish.
- Empathetic, human-centric approach to analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis and statistical concepts.
- Maintains professional knowledge and experience.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and legally permitted to work in the United States.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- Health Benefits Include: Health, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD/Basic Life
- Generous PTO policy
About Nine Labs
Founded in 2012, Nine Labs is a leading human-centered digital design consultancy based in Atlanta, GA. In addition to our full-time staff at Atlanta HQ and regular presence in New York City, we retain a deep network of consultants, researchers, designers, engineers, developers, and analysts. Our extended team includes some of the most talented people in the industry.
Learn more at https://www.ninelabs.com
To apply for this job email your details to Team@ninelabs.com