FULL STACK DEVELOPER
Motivo is the largest platform for therapist telesupervision. Our marketplace connects pre-licensed therapists with clinical supervisors through secure video conference. We help aspiring therapists get the supervision required to earn their license, grow their skills, and launch their career. Learn more in this video.
Who We Want:
Motivo is seeking a talented engineering professional who can serve as a key player on our engineering team. This is an excellent role for a developer who enjoys in-the-trenches execution and seeing the immediate value of his/her work to our end user. You will report to the Lead Developer.
Our application is a React frontend, with a Node.js/Typescript backend, deployed to the Google Cloud Platform, where we heavily leverage the suite of managed services offered there. We implement continuous delivery to test and deploy features on a daily basis. We strive for work practices that help us stay focused and happily in flow.
As a company, we have a commitment to the personal & professional growth of our team and believe in giving employees autonomy, while holding a high standard of personal responsibility. We look for individuals who want to win as a team, who are trustworthy, kind, humble and who believe in communicating with radical candor. We also desire a team of people who have an interest in the mental health industry and are driven by the opportunity to expand access to mental health care by creating more efficiency in the therapist licensure process.
We are headquartered in the Atlanta Tech Village but we are willing to consider fully remote candidates. At present, our entire team is remote due to COVID-19.
-Contribute to the development of a modern React/Typescript application
-Collaborate with designers and engineers to deliver features and iterate on the user experience
-Build and consume REST APIs with video, authentication, and payment vendors
-Design modular and reusable code using the latest tools in the React ecosystem (Hooks, Redux, Sagas)
-Be a professional learner and grow your craft
-Lean into customer problems and own the solution
A Day In The Life:
– Participate in an async standup in Slack to communicate your YTA: What did you execute (Y)esterday? What’s on deck for (T)oday? What (A)sks do you have from the team?
– Review Asana board and determine stories and epics to address today
– Test and commit today’s code, working in step with your peers to continuously ship new functionality to production
– View Full Story to determine where a customer experienced a bug, dig into the bug to address and communicate the timeline for the fix to the team
– Respond to a high priority ticket from the customer success team
– Participate in a team whiteboarding session to spec out a new, highly requested feature, helping the team understand the technical effort for the feature
– 1+ years professional experience with React using ECMAScript 2015+
– Experience with test-driven development (TDD)
– Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
– A track record of success working in an agile environment
– Strong previous-employer references
– Experience developing consumer-facing applications
– Knowledge and understanding of distributed authorization and authentication mechanisms (e.g. JWT)
– Experience with Google Cloud Platform (App Engine, Cloud Run, Cloud SQL)
– Experience with an infrastructure as code toolkit (Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Deployment Manager)
– Professional experience with a strongly-typed language (TypeScript, Go, or others)
-High intrinsic motivation
-High level of emotional intelligence
-A bias toward action, the ability to execute quickly
-Coachable, welcoming of feedback and eager to learn, adjust and grow
-Entrepreneurial, drawn to opportunities, innovation, and new value creation
-Strong ability to solve problems independently
-Ability to make decisions that are informed by data, rather than assumptions
Compensation and Benefits:
-Competitive salary with stock options
-Medical, Vision and Dental benefits
-Monthly self-care stipend
-Unlimited PTO, with approval
-High energy startup environment at Atlanta Tech Village with free gym onsite
-Culture that emphasizes personal and professional growth
-Free Friday Lunch, endless supply of free snacks and sparkling water
-Casual dress all-day, everyday
Send resume and examples of work to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com