A colearning space for kids.
Moonrise is a colearning space where kids are free to play, build things, and learn together. It’s not a school or daycare. It’s a brand new way to learn. Drop-in anytime from 7am-9pm, including weekends and summer.
We are seeking an Operator to join our founding team at Moonrise. As an Operator, you will lead our first Moonrise colearning space in beautiful downtown Decatur, GA. It’s a hands-on, full-time opportunity to be your own boss, inspire young minds, and join our mission to build a new education system. This is not for everyone. You’ll work long hours and often nights and weekends managing young employees, helping kids, and communicating with parents. There will be days when you give it everything you’ve got and feel like it still wasn’t enough. But if you’re the kind of person who shows up every day, stays positive in the face of adversity, and brings out the best in others – there’s nothing else like it. You’ll earn a great living, learn constantly, and find out what you’re made of. More importantly, you will lay the foundation for a new education system that empowers kids to grow into creative, independent thinkers ready to tackle the biggest challenges of the 21st century.
Moonrise is a member-driven company. As Operator, your job is to ensure a phenomenal experience for our members. Building the best member experience will naturally lead you to master the other aspects of the job, including:
- Hiring, training, and managing learning guides
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of members and guides
- Communicating with members and gathering feedback
- Scheduling member events, guest speakers, and workshops
- Keeping the space clean, comfortable, and stocked with learning resources
Not the job
Since we want you obsessing over the member experience, we take care of the things that could distract you from that job, including:
Our ideal operator
We’re open to meeting anyone who has worked with kids and shares these characteristics:
- Humanist: you see kids as creative, independent human beings with unlimited potential.
- Learner: you want to be challenged, not comfortable or entertained.
- Leader: you roll up your sleeves and lead by example with positive, infectious energy.
- Motivator: you see people’s hidden talents and bring out the best in them.
- Communicator: you listen well, write clearly, and articulate with ease.
- Perfectionist: you obsess over little details and look for ways to improve.
- Doer: you choose carefully and give it all you’ve got.
$75,000 per year, plus equity.
- Create a one-page document about yourself and why you’re interested in this role. Feel free to cover relevant experience, personal values, and anything else that demonstrates why you’d make an ideal operator. We don’t care where you went to school or how many years of experience you have. If what we wrote above sounds like you, we want to chat.
- Create a 1-minute video introducing yourself.
- Send both to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org