Medxoom – Full Stack/Frontend/Backend Developers – Healthcare and Payments
Medxoom enables next-generation healthcare marketplaces by enhancing the consumer and business experience around payments and financial transactions in healthcare. Health expenditure exceeds $3 trillion in the United States annually, at approximately $10,000 per person, and accounts for about 20% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP). Medxoom is pushing the envelope and redefining the consumer shopping and financial experience in this market using next-generation mobile, cloud and AI/ML technologies. Medxoom is continuously driving innovation in healthcare cost containment, price transparency, and affordability by building platforms and products that combine the power of massive datasets with the latest technologies.
The Medxoom engineering team is in charge of developing and maintaining a highly scalable platform for healthcare consumer engagement. Medxoom’s flexible platform powers unique experiences across a wide of healthcare ecosystem players. Current customers include health plans, captive loss management groups, local government entities, and telemedicine platforms. End-user experiences include web and mobile, and voice-enabled interfaces in the near future.
We are seeking exceptional candidates with full stack/frontend/backend development experience along with mature software engineering skills. Domain experience in US healthcare is highly preferred. You will have the opportunity to design, develop, and deploy new applications and features that will directly impact Medxoom’s platform. Medxoom uses a variety of technologies and frameworks to develop its scalable and robust platform, utilizing cloud infrastructure, and full automation.
Location – Tech Square, Midtown Atlanta, GA
Full Time Opportunity
Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Package; Health, 401k, PTO
Domain experience in US healthcare preferably in insurance, billing or payments
Expertise in healthcare data interchange formats e.g. EDI X12, HL7 FHIR
Be involved in the entire SDLC process from ideation to production delivery, taking full ownership of work including testing and development
Collaborate with other members of the development team and product/technical managers, analysts, data scientists and other stakeholders as needed.
Develop full stack applications that are well designed, scalable and robust.
Be very comfortable with all layers of the stack from database to front-end.
Experienced in agile development processes
Possess excellent communication skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels
Be aware of changing needs in a fast-paced environment and also be able to prioritize many competing tasks on an aggressive timeline
Knowledge of HIPAA compliance
Technical Expertise/Experience in multiple of the the following
– Cloud infrastructure experience (GCP preferred)
– 5+ years with object-oriented languages: Java (preferred), experience with Scala or other OO compiled language also desirable
– RDBMS knowledge (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) and experience working with large data sets
– 5+ years of complex query writing experience in SQL
– 5+ years in Web development frameworks: Ionic , Angular
– Additional experience in React, React-native, NodeJS, etc. desired
– Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, AJAX, and ability to develop on the front-end without a designer
– CI/CD experience (Jenkins, Ansible, etc.) and a TDD mindset
– 5+ years being part of Agile teams – Scrum or Kanban
– A good eye for UX, with basic knowledge of Bootstrap / Foundation, LESS / SASS / Stylus
– Good understanding of Linux/Unix operating system internals with shell scripting skills
– Experience with Git/SVN
– Excellent troubleshooting skills
– Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred or the equivalent in education and experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org