Earlier this year, we shared the exciting news that Grayshift and Magnet Forensics have come together as one organization to accelerate innovation and transform digital investigations for our customers. We’re pleased to share that the combined organization is operating as Magnet Forensics.
The combination of mobile, cloud and computer forensics expertise under the Magnet Forensics name underscores our dedication to providing comprehensive, end-to-end DIFR solutions. This includes our commitment to helping with access to modern digital devices lawfully with our renowned product suite. And, our focus on innovating for the DIFR community, along with our shared mission, continues to be the top priority.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the platform team, you will be a part of the driving force that provides the base Linux OS platform and services for the flagship product – The GrayKey. You will help shape how the platform and other engineering teams grow and scale up to a more robust and efficient build and delivery cycle through use of CI/CD. You will be a part of the team that drives best practices with Python and influence the direction of Python development and deployment throughout Engineering. Most importantly you will be a part of the team that lays the foundation for a product that literally saves lives.
This role is primarily remote.
– Analyze requirements, break down tasks and estimate effort;
– Design robust, performant and secure solutions;
– Develop efficient, modular and maintainable software solutions;
– Participate in code reviews;
– Troubleshoot, debug and fix software defects;
– Take initiative, build strong teams and communicate effectively;
– Guide best practices for building, delivering and maintaining multiple source code projects.
– 7+ years of experience on Linux systems development;
– 5+ years of experience with Python;
– Expert level experience in Python, Python debugging, profiling, etc;
– Strong understanding of Python internals, libraries (Flask, Django, etc.);
– Proficiency in Linux shell scripting (create, debug, maintain, etc.);
– Proficiency using Git/GitHub/GitLab;
– Proficiency with Linux system and bootloader;
– Proficiency in creating Debian Linux packages;
– Proficiency with cryptography concepts and programming;
– Proficiency with computer networking protocols and programming;
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field.
Desired Extra Skills:
– Experience with Docker containers;
– Experience with virtual images (Virtual Box, KVM, QEMU, etc.);
– Experience with iMX6 and/or iMX8 ARM based system on modules;
– Proficiency maintaining, patching and building the Linux kernel;
– Proficiency with C/C++;
– Low-level experience developing endpoint protection products;
– Forensic background.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.