Loyal is an organization centered on experience and building a platform that allows consumers to make meaningful decisions regarding healthcare. We deeply understand providers, locations, services, appointments, business rules, and we understand patients — who they are, the preferred method of communication, upcoming meetings, lapsed appointments, outstanding bills, health risks, and more. With this intelligence, our platform fuels highly relevant and personalized experiences across all mediums (website, email, voice…), allowing patients to get healthy, stay healthy, and have a better relationship with the health care provider.
**This is a remote role**
In this role, you will be helping make the complicated simple. You can expect to collaborate with designers and backend developers to create great products. You can work autonomously with direction in the context of a product team. You strive to write code that is maintainable, testable, and accessible. This is a chance to make a real impact on the direction of the UI on all of our products, as well as helping shape our growing team. You’re someone who enjoys creating things. You contribute to the team’s betterment by helping your teammates when they’re stuck, sharing something you’ve learned, and being non-judgmental when a teammate asks a question or presents an idea. You don’t shy away from complex problems, but you’re also not afraid to ask for help (something we’re all still working on).
- Contribute your experience and problem-solving skills to the development of web applications.
- Provide constructive, patient, and informative code reviews to teammates.
- Constantly raise the floor by improving infrastructure and tackling tech debt.
- Help your fellow team members by sharing learnings, mentoring, and providing technical guidance.
- Collaborate with designers, backend developers, project managers, and QA engineers to help build, maintain and troubleshoot new and existing web applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in software development.
- Experienced working in a modern frontend stack (ours is React/Redux/Styled-components, Cypress)
- Experienced with CSS: including preprocessors, organization, and best practices
- Mastery of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience working within a software as a service (SaaS) company preferred.
- Experience working within a start-up and/or ambiguous environment, with proven experience to be adaptable preferred
- Experience with testing and test frameworks (e.g., Cypress, Jest) is a plus.
- Experience with TypeScript is a plus
- Experience with design systems is a plus
Loyal to our employees
We are a remote-friendly company! We encourage you to apply from anywhere in the United States. We also believe in a work/life balance that fulfills you while you’re here and supports you when you’re not. We built our benefits package to prove that we’re committed to you having everything you need (including a little fun). Here is what we offer full-time employees:
-Unlimited paid time off, sick and personal days
-Full health, dental, and vision insurance – Loyal pays the premium for all employees!
-One Time Home Office Setup Stipend For Remote & Hybrid Roles
-Monthly Internet Stipend for Remote & Hybrid Roles
-Long term & short term disability
-2 Volunteer days per year
-Matching Gift Program
-Participation Grant Program
-Annual Travel/Team Events up to twice per year (post-COVID)
Feel free to check out our benefits here: https://secure.zenefits.com/benefitsPreview/requiredInformation?token=4e4b0dc8-1c4d-4953-a832-222fc28ee8f7
We believe that the key to Loyal’s success is you. Your unique background, life experience, knowledge, self-expression, and talent make you uniquely you. Who you are, what you have experienced, and how you think inspires us to be innovative and bold.
Loyal is an equal opportunity employer. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, languages are spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.