Loyal is building healthcare’s first healthcare consumer experience platform. We believe consumers deserve to have confidence in their healthcare journey instead of confusion and frustration. That is why we partner with the nation’s leading health systems to empower patients with the information and guidance they need to make better healthcare decisions.
Loyal is seeking a Design Director to lead a small but growing team of product designers, providing direction and guidance for their team’s output, as well as stewarding best practices in cross-functional partnership and design process. This person will propagate a strong design practice in our Atlanta office, influence product strategy for our core consumer initiatives, and make a strong impact on product execution and quality. As a Design Director, you’ll also provide design mentorship and be a champion for career development, as well as create the operational space and organizational cover to help our designers focus on executing their best work.
- Establishing culture, providing leadership, and giving Loyal design it’s own identity
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- Push the boundaries healthcare UX/UI and explore new ideas that span across multiple patient touch points
- Empathize with the healthcare journey and implement design standards that speak to the healthcare experience
- Help define product roadmaps and interact with our engineering leaders on release planning
- Be able to get into the weeds and help knock out designs for current initiatives
- Conceptualize future products by creating high fidelity prototypes for products 2-3 years out
- Foster a collaborative environment with our engineering team and build design -> engineering pipelines that let engineers easily understand how designs behave
- 7+ years of experience in the domains of product design, visual design, human computer interaction and user interaction
- Experience mentoring designers and giving design feedback
- Led project and/or product efforts on a flagship product
- Dealt with multiple user stakeholders (end users, enterprise users, enterprise executives)
- Deep understanding of best in class design tools e.g. Figma, Framer, Storybook
- Have held multiple design or front end development roles
- Ability to work cross functionally across people from all organizational levels
To apply for this job please visit www.loyalhealth.com.