Website Listen360 & Qiigo
Listen360+Qiigo, a division of EverCommerce, is looking for a Software Engineering Manager. In this role, you will be one of our main leaders for our engineering team. You will be involved in every aspect of the software delivery process with significant opportunity to participate in strategic direction and management of the software development staff, along with defining inputs and outputs from both internal and external stakeholders.
You will implement and enhance consistent software engineering practices to ensure stable product delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations. Ensure a high degree of cross functional communication and participation in line with product planning, deployment, and support.
You’re a hands-on technical leader with a passion for technology leadership and delivering on time. You have a proven track record of delivering platform improvements in a complex, high velocity environment. You have strong web and SaaS development leadership experience within an Agile/Scrum environment. You like leading teams and thrive working in a creative, fast-paced, highly structured environment.
As our Engineering Manager, you will help our engineers to develop their career plans and assign project work tailored to their skill set. You will be a hands-on engineer when needed to assist your engineering team to ensure quality code and perfect releases.
Listen360+Qiigo, a division of EverCommerce, provides powerful customer insight and marketing solutions, enabling organizations to attract, acquire, and engage with customers, analyze feedback in real time, and transform customers into brand advocates. We work hard for our clients, driving business to their door, increasing ROI, and helping them stay updated on the newest trends in customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
This role can be located anywhere in the United States. Listen360+Qigo has an office in Alpharetta, Georgia as well. We are open to it being fully remote, hybrid, or fully in-office. Please note that you must be eligible to work for any company in the United States to qualify for this role. There are no sponsorship or visa transfer opportunities available for this position.
- Guide the architectural development of multiple SaaS web applications, with an eye toward future team, product, and user expansion
- Collaborate with the product management and other teams to develop new features within established quality controls, and predictably and transparently move the product forward on the roadmap
- Ensure a high level of performance, availability, reliability, and security with a thoughtful and modern release management process
- Identify opportunities to tactically refactor and modernize the codebase and infrastructure
- Grow and organize the team into multiple autonomous squads, each focused on several features of the application
- Ability to lead a distributed team, including offshore engineers, while maintaining high degree of engagement, productivity, and quality
- Coach engineers to high levels of engagement, ownership, and expertise
- Establish department OKRs and participate in meetings to track progress of them
- Capable of assessing opportunity cost of differing engineering approaches, finding the optimal balance between doing it right and doing it fast
Skills and experience that we’re seeking:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years software engineering experience in building large, maintainable, well organized, and high performing web/SaaS applications
- 3+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
- Hands-on experience in one or more languages such as Ruby/Rails, Python, PHP, Java etc. (Ruby/Rails is a plus)
- Hands-on experience in database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
- Ability to operate with a high degree of ownership and engagement
- Experience using Agile / Scrum processes, artifacts, roles, methods
- Strong knowledge of modern web application design and architectural patterns
- Product design and UI/UX design experience is a plus
- Experience working with AWS, Terraform, Docker/Kubernetes, and one or more DevOps tools is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Robust health and wellness benefits
- 401k with match
- Gym stipend
- Start with 17 days of PTO, 11 holidays, plus a day off to volunteer each year
- Continued investment in your professional development
EverCommerce is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We look forward to reviewing your credentials and getting to know more about your experience!
To apply for this job please visit evercommerce.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.