Website Invest Atlanta
Program Manager – TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION
Invest Atlanta, the Economic Development Authority for the City of Atlanta, seeks a driven,
passionate, and resourceful team player to lead Invest Atlanta’s Technology and Innovation
initiatives. This professional will have two to five years of experience working with or in a tech
entrepreneur ecosystem with specific experience supporting equity and economic mobility for
female and minority entrepreneurs and startups.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, this role will develop,manage, and execute Invest Atlanta’s
programs and initiatives that develop the technology and innovation ecosystem. Key focuses,
include: attracting, growing, and supporting companies, as well as working with our partners on
economic equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives. In this role, you will build upon Invest
Atlanta’s toolkit of resources for startups. In addition, this person may be responsible for key
areas such as innovation policy and startup incentive programs.
• Promote the City of Atlanta as a business location to private companies, real estate
brokers, and site location consultants in the technology industry.
• Develop and maintain relationships with venture capitalists and angel investors to
promote Atlanta-based companies and opportunities.
• Maintain strategic relationships and partnerships with centers of influence in the Atlanta
business and startup community.
• Manage efforts to support Atlanta’s growing startup community and particularly founders
of color, female, and minority entrepreneurs by leading outreach and providing business
assistance to Atlanta’s new, growing, and scaling companies.
• Execute and build upon Invest Atlanta’s toolkit of programs that provide access to
funding, customers, and tech talent. Actively market our Atlanta Forward Loan Fund.
• Establish innovative policies supporting the growth of Atlanta’s entrepreneurial
ecosystem through startup tax credits and incentive programs or other policies that
• Support workforce development programs while leveraging the local university system to
train for careers in the technology and other industries.
• Launch and maintain creative tools that allow the entrepreneurial ecosystem to track data
around the startup ecosystem showing growth and investment within the City of Atlanta.
• Present (and prepare for) Invest Atlanta’s Technology and Innovation cluster strategy and
approach to entrepreneurs, partners, and other stakeholders representing the City’s
entrepreneurial initiatives at meetings, events, and conferences.
• The above duties are not intended to be a complete description of all tasks. Duties and
tasks may be adjusted from time to time to align with organizational need and changes in
the business environment.
Page 2 of 2
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Proven experience in the start-up and/or entrepreneurship ecosystem. A strong ability to
build and maintain relationships across the startup ecosystem and amongst various
stakeholders will be needed in this role.
• Ability to think strategically about upcoming entrepreneurial priorities and make datadriven decisions. The ability to implement and execute on strategies capable of
advancing the start- up and small business ecosystem with a specific focus on female and
minority entrepreneurs is paramount.
• Demonstrated ability to work within and navigate unstructured entrepreneurial or
• Strong business acumen and ability to utilize databases to gather, analyze and synthesize
financial data to determine a company’s maturity and potential for growth.
• Demonstrate the capacity to comprehend, communicate, and apply policy and regulation
as it applies to the startup community.
• Collaborative team player; ability to multitask with disciplined attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to political and business
communities. Strong presentation skills.
• Skilled at managing multiple and competing tasks and priorities.
• Ability to review, interpret and disseminate information and make recommendations.
• Demonstrate ability to identify opportunities for entrepreneurship, new technology and
business models, and community impact.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• B.A. or B.S. from an accredited college or university with a major in business
administration, public administration, entrepreneurship, economics, finance or related
field, with two (2) to five (5) years of progressive professional experience in an
entrepreneurial role, economic development or business development role; OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience which equips the applicant with
knowledge, skills and abilities described above.
• Master’s Degree in a related field is a plus.
Resumes should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not
limited to Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit www.investatlanta.com.