Website Ink & Dagger
Director of Operations
About The Company
The men and women of Ink & Dagger are a tight-knit group of dedicated tattoo creatives. We are the kind of people who love what we do and our passion for tattooing shows in every detail of the work that we create for our enthusiastic patrons. Led by the Director of Operations, our support team is a vital part of the studio that works collaboratively to maintain a relaxed, inviting, professional atmosphere and to support the artists in providing world-class tattoos.
Founded in 2007 by Russ Abbott, Ink & Dagger makes even the most ardent tattoo skeptics dispense with the popular notions of what a shop is like. Our discerning clientele travel from around the world to collect tattoos, appreciating both the level of dedication the artists have to their craft and the warm, welcoming environment. Our level of thoughtful customer service strives to make every detail of an interaction exceed expectations and helps develop long-lasting relationships between the studio, artists, and clients. We carefully consider all aspects of the studio environment, operational systems, interpersonal dynamics, and level of support to artists, creating an international tattoo destination in a family-like atmosphere.
We are seeking a human Swiss Army knife with an entrepreneurial spirit and a sincere love for human interactions. The ideal candidate will have a deep respect for systems and procedures, while possessing the soft skills to facilitate a diverse team of creative personalities to operate within those systems. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, capable of maintaining a rolling “to do” list, and efficiently prioritizing the needs of the studio balanced against the time, budget, and staffing limitations found in any fast-paced work environment. The Director of Operations must have the drive and confidence to identify and anticipate areas of need within the business and consistently seek better solutions, systems, and outcomes – creating a streamlined workflow, a rewarding work environment for artists, and consistently improving customer experiences in an ever-evolving system.
- Must be available to work a range of shifts within studio hours of 10 am – 9 pm Monday through Saturday
- Experience across a range of operational and social media platforms such as Windows, Google Suite, Dropbox, Photoshop, scheduling software, agile team workflow software, customer support/ticketing (we use Zendesk), Instagram, and Facebook
- Passion for client and customer service with demonstrable experience in scheduling, ordering, internal event planning, and staff management
- Minimum of 4 years management experience in an administrative, office, retail, hospitality, or similar customer service role.
- Preferred 7+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- For the right candidate, any combination of equivalent and relevant education and experience will be considered
- BBP protocol experience or certification is a plus
- Work with studio owner to identify, develop, and implement policies and procedures for a range of business initiatives
- Responsible for managing studio operations with consistent adaptation and organization
- Conduct engaging and inspiring monthly staff meetings
- Ensure proper staffing of studio to meet financial goals
- Oversee HR for studio employees
- Work with local health department to ensure compliance for studio standards and artist licensing
- Supervise support staff, including orientation and training of new staff members
- Act as a backup studio associate whenever needed to ensure proper support staff presence in the studio, including customer check-in, scheduling, and cleaning
- Organize special events, art shows, group activities, etc.
- Collect engaging social media content and ensure adherence to our daily posting schedule
- Become a master of our client scheduling software and work with the software developer and owner to maintain the system as needed
- Supervise the regular maintenance and improvement of the studio environment, including coordinating facilities maintenance providers
- Conduct quarterly check-ins with all team members
- Proactively communicate with other stakeholders, particularly studio owner, via organizational software, weekly status phone meetings, etc.
Ink & Dagger Tattoo COVID-19 policies are stringent, ensuring the highest reasonable level of safety for employees and clients. The studio is closed to walk-in clients, and all employees and clients must wear a mask at all times. Each work area is cleaned and sterilized to both health department standards and our more strict COVID-19 prevention standards.
Benefits & Wages
The Director of Operations is a salaried W2 position with an annual compensation of $50,000 – $60,000, commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include paid time off and employer contribution to medical insurance premiums. We also boast a creative, collaborative, and inspiring work environment, the ability to engage with world-class tattoo artists and collect incredible tattoos.
FLSA & Employment Status
Exempt, Full Time
How to Apply
To be considered for the Director of Operations, please fill out the application at: https://forms.gle/PLf2igDFNwNUHY6v8
The application consists of a cover letter, resume, and a short, self-recorded introductory video. All applications will be reviewed by a human. If you are a good fit, we will email you to schedule an interview. We look forward to learning more about you!
**Do not call the studio. Do not visit the studio. Walk-in applications will not be accepted. Only customers with appointments are allowed in the studio. If you have questions about this job, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org **
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.