Venture Fellows Program (Fall 2021)
As one of the oldest and most active early-stage venture capital firms in the Southeast, IDEA Fund Partners’ investment philosophy has been honed from years of experience. Based in Durham, NC, we fund entrepreneurs who are applying technology and business model innovations to industries in the earliest stages of digital disruption with an emphasis on overlooked people, places and stages.
IDEA Fund Partners is seeking ambitious, engaged, and intellectually curious candidates to join the Venture Fellows program, assisting with an array of firm matters and examining the next generation of startups and innovation. This internship is open to undergraduate and graduate students, with an approximate time commitment of 10-15 hours per week. In addition to core responsibilities outlined below, interns will participate in structured lunch-and-learn seminars gain a deeper understanding of startups and venture capital.
This is an unpaid position, with sponsorship for course credit available.
Core role responsibilities will include:
– Conducting preliminary reviews of prospective investments within the IFP due diligence framework
– Assisting with sourcing prospective investment opportunities, including attending demo days and reviewing databases
– Completing research reports examining startup, investment, and innovation trends within an assigned industry & subsector
Additionally, ad hoc projects will be scoped out throughout your experience, some of which include:
1) Sourcing & Analysis
– Assist with refining outbound deal sourcing process
– Ad hoc due diligence research projects
2) Operations & Finance
– Assist with Salesforce data entry and maintenance
– Support recurring monthly and quarterly financial reporting
– Complete financial models
– Assist with operational and technology-related improvement projects
3) Marketing & Content
– Write blog posts
– Assist with expanding social media presence
– Support production of monthly firm newsletter
– Complete comparative review of peer group’s marketing presence
Application Deadline: Friday September 3, 2021
Tentative Interview Date: Thursday September 9, 2021, at 9am-12pm EST
Tentative Start Date: Monday September 13, 2021
Tentative End Date: Friday December 17, 2021
To apply for this job please visit ideafundpartners.medium.com.