Website Hop Labs
Production-grade ML systems for real-world problems and impact
At Hop Labs, our mission is simple: we build technology that meaningfully impacts people’s lives.
We work on a variety of projects in a range of industries, from fighting cancer through deep learning, to training a computer to help you find the best-fitting pair of pants. We’ve helped large, established companies nurture innovative ideas, and we’ve collaborated with cutting-edge startups to be the large, established companies of tomorrow.
Our team reflects our belief in quality over quantity. Some of our past projects have resulted in publications and patents, have been featured in the press, and have been deployed with well-known brands. We do few things, but we do them extremely well:
- Machine Learning — Deep Learning / AI / RNNs
- Computer Vision
- Product Strategy and Product Roadmap
- MVP Development
We’re a small team focused on making an outsized impact. We embrace diversity, investing in our employees, and flexible work schedules. Our team is fully remote, with an emphasis on staying connected and learning from each other. Learn more about what we value here.
At Hop Labs, we aim to enjoy our work and deliver beyond expectations. If you’re a technologist who wants to work on projects that make a difference, we want to hear from you.
Currently, we’re looking to hire a Software Development Engineer (ML) on an independent contractor basis. Titles can be arbitrary, so you should consider yourself a good fit for this if:
- You have a familiarity with computer vision / machine learning, and an interest in developing your skills there.
- You enjoy solving research-grade problems at scale, for real business impact.
- You’re comfortable proposing end-to-end technical architectures that balance modularity, scalability, operations, security, and cost.
- You understand that clarity and simplicity — in code and in communication — are worth striving for.
As a distributed team, some key qualities are particularly important for all of us at Hop Labs:
- A strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Clear and consistent communication
- A collaborative mindset
- Clear thinking and attention to detail for complex projects
- Comfort with operating independently as well as part of a small, targeted team
For this role specifically:
- Open to all backgrounds, though machine-learning background preferred
- Intermediate to senior level
- Location: remote within the U.S.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please reach out! We’ve made an effort to create a hiring process that is low-pressure, skills-focused, and compatible with the other commitments in your life.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an introduction and a description of what you’re looking for in the next stage of your professional development.
In your email, provide a link to either your resume or an updated LinkedIn profile. GitHub / Kaggle profiles are also great if you have them. Our team will respond with more information and next steps.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com