The future is what we make it. At Honeywell, we're transforming
Honeywell is charging into the IoT revolution with the establishment of Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE), building on our heritage of invention and deep, on-the-ground industry expertise. HCE is the leading disruptor, building and connecting software solutions to streamline and centralize the assets, people and processes that help our customers make smarter, more accurate business decisions.
HCE provides cloud-based Enterprise Performance Management offerings in a variety of domains such as Buildings, Industrial Plants and Aero enabling customers with faster innovation, efficient operations and maximizing the value of their assets. Powering all the HCE offerings is the underlying platform — Honeywell Forge which provides an open and extensible foundation to unify operations and leverage the innovative capabilities consistently across the customer business units.
HCE provides cloud-based Enterprise Performance Management offerings in a variety of domains such as Buildings, Industrial Plants and Aero enabling customers with faster innovation, efficient operations and maximizing the value of their assets. Powering all the HCE offerings is the underlying platform – Honeywell Forge — which provides an open and extensible foundation to unify operations and leverage the innovative capabilities consistently across the customer business units. We are looking for passionate individuals to join our world class team and be part of the story of the team who disrupted the industry like never before.
This particular position is to drive the vision and delivery of our common UI Framework and UI Builder, the components which our partners, ISVs, and customers use to build or extend engaging UIs within Honeywell Forge. The solution enables rapid development of experiences by combining components and services authored by multiple parties, across multiple versions, securely and reliably. You will work with a team of high-caliber engineers and architects to build or integrate, maintain, and constantly evolve the next generation front-end architecture. This is a Platform team, so the mentality of addressing horizontal concerns is a must. To manage the end-to-end process from requirements gathering to customer satisfaction, you will work closely with many teams such as Marketing, Sales, Partner Management, Engineering, Legal and Operations. You will interact regularly with senior leadership to keep them apprised of your plans, risks, etc.
- Regularly analyze customer / market / technical requirements, where in platform, we have to solve for our internal and external customers but also our customers customers
- Own and drive the process for gathering requirements from multiple stakeholders
- Create near term and long term Product Roadmap for Forges UI Framework and UI Builder in line with UX leadership
- Recommend build-buy decisions within the organization and conduct licensing negotiations with third party vendors
- Conduct strategic sessions, drive POC efforts, etc., and build long-term relationships with customers and partners
- Partner closely with the middle-tier Platform team, Engineering Architects, vertical Application teams and design teams to evolve our front-end platform, core platform features, and reusable components.
- Collaborate with feature and component teams during both design and development phases to ensure adherence to UI architectural standards and best practices.
- Drive participation in and influence of key standards bodies related to UI development in line with UX leadership
YOU MUST HAVE
- 7 years of experience in Product Management organization of Cloud based enterprise software
- 5 years of experience as a Platform Product Manager or Development leader focused on UI components
- Masters or Undergraduate degree, preferably in a technical discipline
- Proven track record of leading key product areas and driving market adoption in a profitable manner
- Deep understanding and perspective on emergent UI technologies and how they shape and inform next generation products; a solid business and technical knowledge of IaaS, SaaS, PaaS and cloud computing
- Demonstrated leadership experience: able to define vision and evangelize execution; leads by example with creativity, critical thinking innovation and influencing skills
- Able to work effectively in a matrix environment; demonstrated experience working with teams in engineering, R&D, marketing, finance, sales, etc., using creative approaches to problem solving
- Recognized self-starter who enjoys a dynamic environment and seeks the challenge of winning in a rapidly changing market place
- Comfortable in thinking and communicating strategically, but able to roll up sleeves and act on what needs to get done to be successful
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.