Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell is charging into the IoT revolution with the establishment of Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE), building on our heritage of invention and deep, on-the-ground industry expertise. HCE is the leading disruptor, building and connecting software solutions to streamline and centralize the assets, people and processes that help our customers make smarter, more accurate business decisions.
HCE provides cloud-based Enterprise Performance Management offerings in a variety of domains such as Buildings, Industrial Plants and Aero enabling customers with faster innovation, efficient operations and maximizing the value of their assets. Powering all the HCE offerings is the underlying platform – Honeywell Forge — which provides an open and extensible foundation to unify operations and leverage the innovative capabilities consistently across the customer business units. We are looking for passionate individuals to join our world class team and be part of the story of the team who disrupted the industry like never before.
This particular position is passionate about defining and launching a new platform solution to enable Forge Products to provide configurable Dashboards and KPIs. As a key part of our extensibility capabilities, this next generation application service is vital for our end customers to be able to measure and act on data insights that meet their specific data and performance needs. You will work with other product managers in a matrixed organization, and a team of high-caliber engineers and architects, to buy or build and/or embed a 3rd party solution and to evolve that solution over time, while managing priorities and timelines. This is a Platform team, so a mentality of addressing horizontal concerns is a must. To manage the end-to-end process from requirements gathering to customer satisfaction, you will work closely with many teams such as Marketing, Sales, Partner Management, Engineering, Legal and Operations. You will interact regularly with senior leadership to keep them apprised of your plans, risks, etc.
– Regularly analyze customer / market / technical requirements, where in platform, we have to solve for our internal and external customers but also our customers customers
– Own and drive the process for gathering requirements from multiple stakeholders
– Create near term and long term Product Roadmap for your platform service area
– Evaluate and recommend build-buy decisions within the organization and work with procurement to conduct licensing negotiations with third party vendors
– Conduct strategic sessions, drive POC efforts, etc., and build long-term relationships with customers and partners
– Partner closely with the middle-tier Platform team, Engineering Architects, vertical Application teams and design teams to evolve our front-end platform, core platform features, and reusable components.
– Collaborate with feature and component teams during both design and development phases to ensure adherence to architectural standards and best practices.
– Drive participation in and influence of key standards bodies related to platform development in line with platform leadership
YOU MUST HAVE
- 5 years of experience as a Platform Product Manager or Development leader focused on defining and launching enterprise level software platform components
- 3 years of experience with Business Intelligence and/or analytics software
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven track record of leading key product areas and driving market adoption in a profitable manner
- A solid business and technical knowledge of IaaS, SaaS, PaaS and cloud computing
- Demonstrated leadership experience: able to define vision and evangelize execution; leads by example with creativity, critical thinking innovation and influencing skills
- Able to work effectively in a matrix environment; demonstrated experience working with teams in engineering, R&D, marketing, finance, sales, etc., using creative approaches to problem solving
- Recognized self-starter who enjoys a dynamic environment and seeks the challenge of winning in a rapidly changing market place; passion to make a difference and inspire others around you
- Comfortable in thinking and communicating strategically, but able to roll up sleeves and act on what needs to get done to be successful
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.