Hired is a talent marketplace that’s demystifying the job search by matching top tech and sales talent with compelling opportunities at the world’s most innovative companies. Founded in 2012, Hired was acquired by Vettery and the Adecco Group in 2020, creating the largest hiring marketplace for technology and sales talent. Above all, we envision a world where all hiring is equitable, efficient, and transparent and are committed to empowering connections between ambitious people and teams.
Using Hired, both candidates and employers have transparency into salary offers, competing opportunities, and unique preferences. By combining both our technology and human touch, our goal is to enrich and automate the recruiting process, enabling candidates to employ their potential and find a job they love. To date, Hired has helped over 3 million diverse, vetted candidates find new opportunities at over 17,000 companies throughout the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the UK.
As the Head of Finance and Strategic Operations, you will partner with the CEO and Executive Leadership team to lead us through our next stage of growth. You will own all aspects of financial management & operationalizing the company’s strategy. You will set & monitor performance against the company’s financial KPIs and provide insights and analyses to the leadership team. You will play a critical role in building a world class Finance and Strategic Operations function while partnering across the business, ensuring our systems and processes are running smoothly and are scalable as we push towards best in class operations.
What we need your help with:
Finance & Analytics
- Own all aspects of the finance operations, including: periodic financial reporting (e.g. preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements), forecasts, planning, budgeting, financial analysis, cash management, and procurement
- Build financial models and budgets to drive short- and long-term sustainable growth and accurate forecasting
- Execute the annual budgeting and planning process; monthly forecast against budget including cash flow projections
- Manage relationship and processes with our sister company, General Assembly, for our outsourced accounting functions (payroll, billing, AP, AR, etc.)
- Create near and long-term KPIs to guide our company’s growth over the next 18 – 24 months; define the KPIs and definitions of success for various business processes
- Drive operational excellence in support of strategic plans
- Partner with the CEO and other senior leaders on operational and strategic issues as they arise, provide strategic recommendations based on operational analysis and projections
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans; lead in the development and implementation of company-wide strategic initiatives
- Support in the transformation and scaling of the business using program management and business skills to help the company focus, prioritize, and make progress against initiatives with the highest impact on business performanceImprove current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Design of key cross functional processes, building recommendations and facilitating decisions to ensure timely progress
Leadership & Team Management
- Work hand-in-hand with the executive team, advising on and executing against the company’s vision and strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to combine market understanding, customer insight, and product vision into strategies that drive company value
- Enable a culture of collaborative planning, contingency planning, and execution
- Manage decisions and logistics of special initiatives as required by executive leadership, working closely to loop in senior leadership as well
- Lead, train and mentor the Finance and Strategic Ops team
- Promote a framework to drive accountability across the organization
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in a Finance and/or Operational function, preferably customer-facing in a SaaS organization
- Proven ownership of financial reporting, financial processes, and key metrics in multi-faceted businesses
- A highly attentive systems thinker who excels at implementing and maintaining efficient processes
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-growth environment; willingness to roll up sleeves
- A passion for technology and our mission to disrupt the recruiting industry
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong experience collaborating with sales, revenue and marketing teams
- High attention to detail, with a process and solution-oriented mindset
- Experience with marketplaces and/or enterprise software is a plus; MBA is a plus
With the above said, we understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job and believe that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. Even more important than your resume is a positive attitude, passion for the work, personal drive for growth, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly to what is listed here.
Hired has six key values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Raise the bar – Impact matters. Stay focused and curious.
- Think big & hustle – Push for bold, thoughtful, and rapid innovation.
- People first – Prioritize development and wellbeing. Help people flourish and feel valued.
- Transparency builds trust – Communicate with candor, honesty, and respect.
- Strength through inclusion – Welcome all voices. What makes you unique makes us all strong.
- One team, one dream – Pride and passion for our mission. Work collaboratively and have fun.
Why you’ll love working at Hired:
We love coming to work on Monday. It’s easy to love the work you do when you see the positive impact it has, and helping someone find their dream job can change their life forever. We believe in our mission, love the work, and have fun doing it together. Even in our hybrid remote environment, we’ve maintained our culture through bi-weekly Company meetings, virtual team social events, cross-team lunches, volunteer events, and a very active set of Slack channels.
We know life is about more than just work. We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time you need to relax and rejuvenate, contribute to the cost of insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and offer a fully paid 12-week parental leave, 401k, commuter benefits, and gym membership discounts.
We invest in your development. A company is only as strong as its team, and we want to help strengthen every member of our team. We give everyone the opportunities and support they need to reach that next professional level through company-sponsored General Assembly classes and conferences, in-house training, a culture of continuous feedback, and the chance to run with projects.
We’re consistently recognized for our culture. We’re listed #5 on Fortune’s 60 Best Companies to Work for in New York City, included in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Technology for 2020, and have been previously honored at Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards and included in Inc Best Workplaces.
We bring our whole selves to work. We are committed to fostering diversity and inclusion at all levels of our company. We value the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings and are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As a recruiting tool, Hired is committed to building equity in the hiring process through a more representative talent pool. As a company, we take active steps to support an inclusive work environment through the creation of a cross-team DEI taskforce, Employee Resource Groups (ERG), bias mitigation interview training, and respectful workplace training for all employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Hired values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.