About the Job
We are HeatTrak, the inventor and leading marketer of electrical Snow Melting Mats and the Smart Home Devices that make them easy and convenient to use in cold weather climates. We are growing fast and are seeking someone with the talent and energy to take on the dual role of IT Manager and Customer Service “Technology Guru” to help us with our rapidly increasing IT needs and to assist the customer service team with technology related problem solving.
As our first IT Manager, you will serve as the internal IT lead for the company and resolve technical challenges, ranging from hardware to software to online services. You will provide support and maintenance of all employee related IT services and will provide vision and strategy towards ensuring a robust and reliable infrastructure that proactively prevents IT disruptions from occurring. You will also manage our e-commerce data feeds, including setup, optimization and review and you will work closely with our Senior Digital Marketing Manager to ensure our web site and the backend of our e-commerce partners are running smoothly.
In addition to the internal IT role, you will also be a resource to our inside customer service team who may need help communicating complex troubleshooting issues to our customers.
A candidate who is well-suited for this role is someone who is organized and able to think on their feet, who can find creative solutions to interesting problems, and who can think critically towards anticipating future needs and prioritizing them accordingly. The person in this role should be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage complex projects, as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $80,000. We’ve got a flexible schedule and casual dress code, three weeks vacation to start and competitive benefits. Even better, you’ll work among smart people with lots of mojo and great ideas.
- At least 3 years experience in a networked/distributed computing environment.
- Skilled at troubleshooting software, hardware, and general technology issues.
- Experience with managing and troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks.
- Knowledge of current Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 configuration and maintenance.
- Ability to diagnose and repair CAT5 cabling problems.
- Knowledge of data feed setup, optimization and review including the ability to configure and map attributes from a variety of files, including delimited and XML files, custom scripts and API-based platform integrations.
- Knowledge of best practices to build product feeds, including optimizing, modifying, sorting and filtering mass quantities of product data into usable product listings.
- Experience working in a customer service role.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, ability to work on teams, and demonstrated problem resolution skills.
- Provide support to employees for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues.
Assist with the vetting and implementation of software services.
- Manage company-wide software platforms, including Dropbox, G Suite, Microsoft Office, Shopify, Salesforce, etc. Manage migration of software solutions, as needed.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise in core enterprise environments such as Office 365 and DEAR.
- Manage onboarding and offboarding of employees including computer hardware procurement, setup, and provisioning.
- Monitor infrastructure for availability, performance and security.
- Responsible for inventory of hardware and software resources.
- Recommend and implement systems that will ensure that data, devices and networks are secure.
- Ensure site operations for both our web site and the backend of our e-commerce partners are running smoothly.
- Provides after-hours/on-call support as needed.
- Serve as a resource to inside customer service team by communicating complex troubleshooting issues directly to our customers.
To apply for this job please visit heattrak.applytojob.com.