C/C++ Developer – NetworkingWindows Drivers
Haste is looking for an experienced C/C++ developer with embedded system programming experience and preferably with a strong networking background to join our team.
At Haste, we’re streamlining access to interactive gaming content on the internet. Haste is software that optimizes the internet for people engaged in competitive network-sensitive online gameplay. We do this by providing a network service that replicates traffic over multiple managed paths, utilizing custom protocols, advanced routing, and packet forwarding techniques.
Haste improves the gaming experience, delivering a competitive edge to players committed to win. Network lag is the #1 problem for the 130M+ gaming enthusiasts driving this $138 billion market.
Haste is backed by premier venture funds and angel investors and is headquartered at the Atlanta Technology Development Center. We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual who brings experienced ideas and a willingness to collaborate in a fast-paced, startup environment.
Join our team today and get in on the 1st floor of evolving the experience of interactive online content.
- 5+ years C/C++ experience programming highly performant, efficient code with excellent software design skills
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust testing and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Experience in mentoring developers and leading development teams
- Participate in code reviews
- Windows Core Operations (Services, Multi-Threading)
- OS-level networking experience
- Embedded System design, low-level hardware interactions
- Knowledge of low-level threading primitives and real-time environments
- Familiarity with Scrum Methodology
- Highly effective communication skills within the department and with management
- Experience with asynchronous communication (libev, libevent, IOCP)
- Contract to hire (preferred), or direct to permanent.
- This person is responsible for optimizing Haste network components and their underlying network traffic communication protocols for gaming latency, jitter and packet loss reduction, and network performance and cost scaling.
- The Haste network employs a Windows network driver that sits on the gamer’s PC, recognizes supported game play, and diverts filtered IP traffic across redundant paths via a series of internal relays on to a final game server. Our relays rapidly and securely receive internal traffic, inspect each packet, and either route on to the next relay or demultiplex redundant traffic before routing to the game server. Pathing decisions are controlled by a central pathing service on AWS that periodically receives updated latency measurements from all points in our network in order to find the top performing paths between all customer IPs and game server IPs .
- While this engineer will be focused on optimizing and enhancing the existing Haste network, the role will also include long term network architectural innovation. Network optimization is Haste’s core service and our patented approach to parallel multipathing is specific to Haste. The low level systems programming role is core to the operation and optimization of our core service. This engineer will help drive next generation architectures that take Haste beyond the PC and beyond gaming.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org