We’re looking for an innovative Director of Mobile Engineering to help lead and grow our team of insanely smart and just gosh-darn like-able developers. You’ll have a critical voice in the strategic direction in the design, development, and deployment of next-generation, multi-platform mobile applications. Additionally, you’ll serve as a strong voice in the direction of our mobile technical architecture and team makeup.
This high visibility and the high-impact position require a seasoned leader who can drive change at pace, without sacrificing the quality of the end product.
GROUNDFLOOR is a remote-friendly, hyper-growth wealthtech company based out of Atlanta. Candidates in the Atlanta area preferred, however all qualified will be considered, regardless of location. We value vulnerable high-quality/low-ego collaboration, If that sounds good to you, join us!
A day in the life:
- Takes on a leadership role in the evaluation and introduction of new development technologies and innovations.
- Serve as a thought leader in the mobile space for all things mobile
- Act as a hands-on leader who contributes to the development effort while cultivating and growing a high-performing group of dedicated and talented software engineers with varying levels or experience.
- Grease the wheels for day-to-day productivity and operations by driving questions to conclusion and resolving blockers
- Work with team(s) to prioritize, schedule, scope, resource, and solve problems
- Collaborate across the engineering and product orgs to build vision and team roadmap
- Participate in technical and architectural discussions; code reviews, wireframe designs, and proof of concepts.
- Set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives in engineering reliability, productivity, process, and quality.
This job might be for you if:
- You’re an engineer at heart and bring that passion (and those skills) to bear in management
- You have deep experience managing and growing teams
- You’ve worked with development teams specializing in software for mobile devices (ios and android).
- You enjoy working with people, solving prioritization and resourcing issues, and thinking about the big picture
- Agile, proactive, comfortable working with ambiguous specifications and can prioritize on the fly
- Significant experience translating product requirements into design specifications
- 4+ years of reactive native experience
- You keep up to date with best practices (why use flutter or react native)
Your Experience + A Few Nice to Haves:
- 8+ years (s) of overall mobile software development experience with a deep understanding of UX and UI design paradigms, and the ability to implement and design mobile apps. including experience deploying apps to the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- 5+ years in a leadership role.
- A fully rounded technologist with full-stack working experience with hands-on experience in developing scalable mobile applications (Android/iOS,) and integrating with backend APIs.
- 2+ graphql experience
- 2+ years of ruby is preferred.
- Technology savvy. Have a broad understanding of current technology trends in mobile technology and a desire to stay on top of industry trends.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.