Website Greenlight Financial Technology
Greenlight helps parents raise financially-smart kids.
What we’re building:
Greenlight helps parents raise financially-smart kids with a debit card for kids that parents manage from their phone. The new way for parents to give money and pay allowances to their children, Greenlight is safer, easier, and more flexible than using cash. Parents can choose the exact stores where their kids can spend and how much money they can spend. With these safeguards and supervision, kids learn to make their own financial decisions. Parents can encourage saving by setting an interest rate–paid by the parent–that is well-above any they would find at a bank. Kids learn about compound interest from seeing their own savings grow meaningfully. To-date, kids have saved over $5M with Greenlight.
Technologies we use:
- Swift and Objective-C development using XCode
- CocoaPods, Carthage for dependency management
- RESTful services
Who we’re looking for:
You are a mobile engineer with experience building and shipping iOS applications. You understand mobile application design and development, and enjoy implementing features from the ground up. You have proven debugging and performance testing skills. You are comfortable working in a fast moving, high growth environment, and you want to do more than write code.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, build, and maintain mobile applications and features across the Greenlight platform at a rapidly growing scale
- Enhance existing applications and features
- Ensure performance, code quality, testing, and stability of applications
- Work across the product and engineering teams to define functional specs and designs for initiatives
- Provide guidance on Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines through collaboration with the design team
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery
- Remain engaged with the latest technology and industry UI trends to continually evolve and improve application experiences
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
3+ years software development experience, 1+ year with iOS and Swift
- Experience working on applications that communicate with networking APIs
- Contributed to or published an app on the Apple App Store
- Familiarity with the Apple App Store submission process
- Ability to ship mission critical features with high confidence
- Insight on development implications during feature research and planning stages
- Passion for implementing high quality native UI mobile experiences
- Self starter mindset and excitement on ownership of feature development
- Demonstrated desire to work collaboratively with a high performing cross-functional team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with version control tools
- Knowledge of automated build systems
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile scrum development process
- Familiarity with issue and project tracking tools
Who we are:
Picked from over 4000 companies for CB Insights’ Fintech 250, Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including TTV Capital, Relay Ventures, NEA, Amazon, Ally Financial, SunTrust Bank, and Synchrony Financial. Greenlight is built by alumni of Facebook, Twitter, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics, and Square.
This is a full-time position located in Atlanta, Georgia and reports to an Engineering Manager.
To apply for this job please visit careers.greenlightcard.com.