Website Greenlight Financial Technology
Greenlight helps parents raise financially-smart kids.
What we’re building:
Greenlight helps parents raise financially-smart kids with a debit card for kids that parents manage from their phone. The new way for parents to give money and pay allowances to their children, Greenlight is safer, easier, and more flexible than using cash. Parents can choose the exact stores where their kids can spend and how much money they can spend. With these safeguards and supervision, kids learn to make their own financial decisions. Parents can encourage saving by setting an interest rate–paid by the parent–that is well-above any they would find at a bank. Kids learn about compound interest from seeing their own savings grow meaningfully. To-date, kids have saved over $5M with Greenlight.
Technologies we use:
- Node.js, Java, Swift, Kotlin
- React, Redux, Express
- REST, gRPC
- MySQL, DocumentDB, Redis, s3
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Istio
What we’re looking for:
You are an engineer with a strong background in infrastructure and a passion for Cloud, specifically AWS. You understand Cloud Native concepts and embrace them. You have a strong understanding of Cloud Formation and/or Terraform and understand the importance of Infrastructure-as-code. You are a team player and comfortable working in a fast moving, high growth environment.
A Day in the Life at Greenlight Will Include:
- Design, build and maintain infrastructure on AWS environment
- Write scripts to automate operations and server management
- Write Cloud Formation and Terraform
- Configure AWS Roles and Policies to maintain a secure compute environment
- Troubleshoot production issues involving infrastructure and networking communications problems
- Produce documentation describing current and future configuration processes, policies and topologies.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A deep understanding of cloud infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) and how to integrate them to deliver Cloud Native services.
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc…)
- Experience in AWS services and technologies such as EC2, Beanstalk, IAM, Lambda, RDS, ELB, VPC, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Elasticache, etc…
- Knowledge in security engineering, threat models and vulnerability management in Cloud environments.
- 3+ years Cloud engineering experience
- A strong understanding of Cloud Native concepts and how they apply to AWS
- A deep knowledge of AWS networking
- Experience with a DVCS such as Github
- Fluent in Linux administration & shell scripting (BASH)
- Understand the benefits of microservices, but also understand the challenges they bring and current trends on how to address those challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with New Relic and/or Sentry is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies is a plus
- AWS Associate/Professional Certification is an advantage.
Who we are:
Picked from over 4000 companies for CB Insights’ Fintech 250, Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including TTV Capital, Relay Ventures, NEA, Amazon, Ally Financial, SunTrust Bank, and Synchrony Financial. Greenlight is built by alumni of Facebook, Twitter, Amazon Web Services, Yahoo!, Cardlytics, and Square.
This is a full-time position located in Atlanta, Georgia and reports to the Platform Engineering Manager.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.greenlightcard.com/apply/NwAX84rE5B/Cloud-Engineer?source=hypepotemus →