Website GrayshiftLLC Grayshift
Grayshift is looking for a skillful Senior Embedded Design Engineer with a proven track record of system-level PCB design and bring-up, with successful projects that included high-speed digital signals and on-board power supply design. To design our next generation GrayKey products, this position will also require excellence in a variety of related embedded disciplines including MCU firmware, FPGA, Linux driver development and testing.
Primarily Remote Role based in the United States (HQ Is in Atlanta, GA).
– Design complete system hardware with CPUs, MCUs, FPGAs and high-speed digital interfaces (schematic capture and layout design);
– Perform hardware bring-up, inspection and signal integrity analysis (SI);
– Develop bare metal MCU firmware, FPGA code and Linux drivers;
– Contribute to various automated test setups;
– Participate in the analysis and reverse engineering of various communication protocols.
– 5+ years system-level hardware design experience with high-speed interfaces (RGMII, USB 3, PCIe, SerDes);
– Proficiency with at least one PCB design tool (Altium, OrCad, Allegro, PADS);
– 5+ years of experience with MCU firmware and FPGA development and related testing methodologies;
– Advanced development skills in C, C++ and Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL);
– Hands-on experience with modern lab equipment for general debugging, SI analysis, EMI and EMC testing (oscilloscopes, logic- and spectrum analyzers, etc.);
– Solid understanding of typical embedded digital communication protocols and USB (UART, SPI, I2C, SWD, JTAG, etc.);
– Basic Linux usage knowledge with bash and Python scripting skills;
– Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills;
– Growth mindset and a deadline-respectful get-it-done attitude;
– Ability to work responsibly and independently under minimal supervision;
– Travel not required.
Nice to Have:
– RF and inductive communications design background is strongly desired;
– In-depth knowledge of the USB 3.0 protocol specification;
– Experience with secure system design, embedded RTOS and Linux driver development;
– Solid understanding of version control systems and continuous integration workflows.
Compensation and Perks:
– Competitive compensation;
– Our benefit package includes include remote friendly work environment, 100% paid healthcare premiums for you and family/domestic partner on first-day, 100% dental, 100% vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, basic life insurance, training and continuous learning, paid parental leave, other voluntary benefit plans, 401k, and $350 monthly stipend towards mobile, internet, and gym membership;
– Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 15 days plus 3 separate sick days, two wellness days, and 13 paid holidays.
Grayshift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment at Grayshift are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check. All background checks will be conducted in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and other applicable laws. Grayshift will consider each position’s job duties, among other factors, in determining what constitutes satisfactory completion of the background check. Refusal to consent to a background check may be ground for revoking an offer of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.grayshift.com.