Grayshift is seeking an experienced customer-centric Technical Support Engineer to help our customers when using our products. Your mission will be to help customers with their issues as front-line support engineers. The customer issues are submitted via support-site tickets, emails, live chats, and phone calls. Additionally, you will help to document feature requests and potential product gaps, as well as effectively communicate with product management to improve customer experiences. Since this role is a fully remote role, having experience working successfully in a dispersed team is necessary.
This position is remote with an Eastern Standard Time (EST) Zone preference.
– Solve and manage customer issues;
-Research and solve complex issues;
– Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other internal groups;
– Communicate with the Development and Engineering teams on potential defects;
– Work closely with Customer Success team to meet SLA and customer requirements;
– Acquire both broad and in-depth product knowledge;
– Create and improve documentation to train support engineers to resolve support cases.
Skills & Requirements:
– 1+ year of experience in a customer facing role;
– 1+ years of technical experience leveraging software logs and product telemetry to troubleshoot issues;
– Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions;
– Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP) and the ability to troubleshoot networking issues to resolution;
– Strong communications skills – excellent spoken and written English communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues clearly and concisely to a general audience;
– Demonstrate ability to recover from dissatisfied-customer situations in collaboration with the team manager;
– Experience with network troubleshooting and awareness of common network issues;
– Ability to understand the customers’ best interests in terms of problem impact;
– Ability to discover, recognize and assess alternate solutions to a problem;
– Ability and motivation to learn behaviors of unfamiliar components/technologies as needed;
– Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment;
– Ability to drive discussions remotely;
– Ability to work collaboratively;
– Demonstrate coaching skills;
– Should have passion for technology and customer support;
– Ability to quickly grasp and thrive supporting new cutting-edge (niche) technology;
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Mobile or computer forensics experience;
– Working knowledge of embedded/micro systems;
– Working with Law Enforcement and/or Government customers;
– Experience with Gitlab and Zendesk (or similar ticketing and tracking systems);
– Working experience with Kibana and KQL;
– Bachelor’s degree.
Compensation and Perks:
– Competitive compensation;
– Our benefit package includes remote friendly work environment, healthcare on first-day, 100% Medical, dental, vision for self and family, training allocation and continuous learning, paid maternity & parental leave, other voluntary benefit plans like pet insurance, 401k, and $350 monthly stipend for mobile, internet and wellness membership;
– Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 15 days plus 3 separate sick days, 2 personal/wellness days, and 13 paid holidays.
– Grayshift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment at Grayshift are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check. All background checks will be conducted in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and other applicable laws. Grayshift will consider each position’s job duties, among other factors, in determining what constitutes satisfactory completion of the background check. Refusal to consent to a background check may be ground for revoking an offer of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.grayshift.com.