Grayshift is on the search for a Senior Linux Platform Developer to join the team. As a Senior Engineer on the platform team, you will be a part of the driving force that provides the base Linux OS platform and services for Grayshift’s flagship product.
The ideal candidate will help shape how the platform and other engineering teams grow and scale up to a more robust and efficient build and delivery cycle through use of CI/CD. In this role, you will be a part of the team that drives best practices with Python and influence the direction of Python development and deployment throughout Grayshift engineering. Most importantly, you will be a part of the team that lays the foundation for a product that makes a huge difference in saving lives.
Remote friendly role based in Atlanta, GA.
– Analyze requirements, break down tasks and estimate effort;
– Design robust, performant and secure solutions;
– Develop efficient, modular and maintainable software solutions;
– Participate in code reviews;
– Troubleshoot, debug and fix software defects;
– Take initiative, build strong teams and communicate effectively;
– Guide best practices for building, delivering and maintaining multiple source code projects;
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– 7+ years of experience on Linux systems development;
– 5+ years of experience with Python;
– Expertise in Python, Python debugging, profiling, etc;
– Strong understanding of Python internals, libraries (Flask, Django, etc.);
– Experience with Linux shell scripting (create, debug, maintain, etc.);
– Experience with Git/GitHub/GitLab;
– Proficiency with Linux systemd, bootloader, and creating Debian Linux packages;
– Skilled with maintaining, patching and building the Linux kernel;
– Well-versed with cryptography concepts, computer networking protocols, and programming;
– Travel: 10%.
Nice to Have:
– Familiarity with C/C++;
– Experience with Docker containers;
– Experience with virtual images (Virtual Box, KVM, QEMU, etc.);
– Experience with iMX6 and/or iMX8 ARM based system on modules;
– Low-level experience developing endpoint protection products;
– Forensic background;
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
Compensation and Perks:
– Competitive compensation;
– Our benefit package includes include remote friendly work environment, healthcare on first-day, 100% Medical, dental, vision for self and family, training allocation and continuous learning, paid maternity & parental leave, other voluntary benefit plans like pet insurance, 401k, and $350 monthly stipend for mobile, internet and wellness membership;
– Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 15 days plus 3 separate sick days, 2 personal/wellness days, and 13 paid holidays.
Grayshift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment at Grayshift are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check. All background checks will be conducted in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and other applicable laws. Grayshift will consider each position’s job duties, among other factors, in determining what constitutes satisfactory completion of the background check. Refusal to consent to a background check may be ground for revoking an offer of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.grayshift.com.