Grayshift is searching for a Senior Embedded Design Engineer who has the desire to work on cutting-edge technology and who can elevate the GrayKey products. The ideal candidate will possess a variety of related embedded disciplines including hardware design, MCU firmware and FPGA development and testing. If you are someone who enjoys working on a “one-of-a-kind” product, collaborating with a technically sound team, and loves to solve unique problems, you will thrive here.
Our headquarters is based in Atlanta, GA with a remote friendly work environment.
– Design simple, quick-turnaround PCB prototypes with aggressive timelines;
– Design, analyze and debug complex system hardware with CPUs, MCUs and FPGAs;
– Design, analyze and debug analog circuitry and high-speed digital interfaces;
– Perform hardware bring-up, inspection, error analysis and troubleshooting;
– Develop MCU firmware and FPGA designs for hardware-bring-up;
– Contribute to various automated hardware-based test setups;
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– 5+ years hardware design experience with complex systems, high-speed interfaces and analog circuitry (schematic capture, PCB layout, SI and PI analysis);
– 5+ years of experience with MCU firmware and FPGA development and related testing methodologies (C, C++, Rust , VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog);
– Solid understanding of typical embedded digital communication protocols and USB (UART, SPI, I2C, SWD, JTAG, etc.);
– Hands-on experience with modern lab equipment (oscilloscope, logic and spectrum analyzer);
– Solid Linux usage knowledge with Bash and Python scripting skills;
– Basic understanding of version control systems (Git);
– Strong organizational, verbal, written and visual communication skills;
– Growth mindset and a deadline-respectful get-it-done attitude;
– Ability to work responsibly and independently under minimal supervision.
Nice to Have:
– RF and inductive communications design background is strongly desired;
– Familiarity with SoC bus interconnect specifications (AMBA, Wishbone, etc.);
– In-depth knowledge of high-speed digital interface PHY layer protocol specifications;
– Experience with secure system design.
Compensation and Perks:
– Compensation includes base salary and bonus;
– Our benefit package includes remote friendly work environment, healthcare on first-day, 100% Medical, dental, vision for self and family, training allocation and continuous learning, paid maternity & parental leave, other voluntary benefit plans like pet insurance, 401k, and $350 monthly stipend for mobile, internet and wellness membership;
– Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 15 days plus 3 separate sick days, 2 personal/wellness days, and 13 paid holidays.
Grayshift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment at Grayshift are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check. All background checks will be conducted in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and other applicable laws. Grayshift will consider each position’s job duties, among other factors, in determining what constitutes satisfactory completion of the background check. Refusal to consent to a background check may be grounds for revoking an offer of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.grayshift.com.