The Digital Forensic Specialist will help grow our existing sales team and provide technical oversight and support for customer-facing sales initiatives and internal operations. This role provides technical guidance and support throughout the entire sales cycle. The primary responsibility of this role is to help the sales team close new business, secure existing customer relationships and represent Grayshift as a subject matter expert in the field of digital forensics.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. Proficiency in connecting technology solutions to measurable business value is critical to a Digital Forensic Specialist. Candidates should also have a demonstrated skill to think strategically about business, products, and technical problems.
About the role:
– Provide technical insight about the deployment and implementation of products and services;
– Act as a strategic partner to the sales team during presale and post-sale processes to answer questions, provide technical information and execute on deals in sales cycles;
– Play an important role in the sales process, preparing and delivering technical presentations to a variety of audiences explaining products and/or services;
– Work directly with the account management team from the early stages of a pre-sales process, ensuring customer success by identifying pain points, understanding technical requirements and providing guidance best suited for the customer;
– Work directly with the inside sales team to identify at-risk customers and providing technical guidance when needed;
– Achieve goals related to the human resources side of sales engineering, including but not limited to hiring, training, assigning, mentoring, and troubleshooting new sales staff;
– Effectively communicate customer needs to internal research and development teams for future product enhancements and new development.
– Able to make decisions and review/evaluate requests from team members and customers;
– Display subject matter expertise and strong technical background in the area of law enforcement criminal investigations, specifically in the field of digital forensics;
– Understand the customer and the impact of products and services to their organization;
– Conduct in-depth product demonstrations of products and/or services;
– Experience in the law enforcement community as a digital forensic examiner and customer of digital forensic hardware and software;
– A natural curiosity for understanding existing environments and willingness to learn about evolving digital forensic technology solutions;
– Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed;
– Have the ability to read, write, and speak French and English fluently.
– Own the technical presales process and ensure the success of POCs conversion to opportunities;
– Own and manage the development, delivery and/or orchestration of technical activities driving toward technical validation, technical selection and technical closure with the customer;
– Use in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales and customers through sales presentations, POCs, and product demonstrations;
– Provide consultation, product capability assessment, and validation to prospective users;
– Assist sales in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions;
– Capture requested features and feedback information to the Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams;
– Lead executive-level technical demonstrations at large enterprise organizations articulating our value proposition;
– Deliver in-depth online and in-person demonstrations of our solution as well as at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc;
– Assist in the development, validation and maintenance of sales materials, knowledge bases, product documentation and tutorial videos;
– Take a consultative approach to understanding our customer’s current forensic practices and identify opportunities to improve them with GrayKey;
– Provide technical recommendations on how to improve their workflow with GrayKey;
– Deliver compelling software demonstrations, customer proof-of-concept (POC) engagements and reference architectures showcasing the value of GrayKey;
– Act as a resource to educate your sales colleagues on relevant product knowledge;
– Assist in completing RFP/RFIs with sales teams and other technical resources at Grayshift;
– Work closely with sales and technical colleagues to achieve a regional based sales quota;
– Communicate important customer product feedback to Grayshift product management;
– Opportunities to attend and present at meetups and trade shows to build presence and awareness and share experiences;
– Become a trusted technical advisor to customers and the community.
– Expert-level presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement;
– Ability to learn new technical subject matter quickly;
– Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing, situations, tools, and requirements; Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills;
– Travel could vary based on restrictions; 50% travel;
– Ability to read, write, and speak French and English fluently.
Nice to Have:
– Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish, Italian, and/or German;
– Knowledge of GDPR;
– Knowledge of French Legislations;
– Knowledge of Cybersecurity and/or Cloud;
– Knowledge of Legal Processes.
Compensation and Perks:
– Compensation includes base salary and bonus;
– Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
Grayshift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Grayshift is a leading provider of mobile device digital forensics. Grayshift solutions are purpose-built to help law enforcement and government investigative agencies swiftly resolve critical investigations and ensure public safety. The company’s innovative GrayKey technology provides rapid access, complete control, and comprehensive data extraction from mobile devices. Designed and assembled in the United States, GrayKey is trusted by 1000 agencies across more than 25 countries globally.
At Grayshift, we are a team of passionate thinkers who value creating digital forensic solutions that enable law enforcement agencies to swiftly resolve critical investigations and ensure public safety. Our team is empowered and collaborative and we move at the speed of ap. We are constantly taking new learnings and building them into our products and services.
As a Grayshifter, you can expect to make a difference through your work, connected to a meaningful mission, to be supported with learning and development, and to know that people are the heart of our company. We understand achieving a mission as important as ours requires teamwork, integrity, and incredible talent. If joining a team of people dedicated to addressing our customers’ most complex challenges appeals to you, come join us!
To apply for this job please visit www.grayshift.com.