Grayshift is seeking an experienced customer-centric Senior Technical Support Engineer to help our customers when using our products. This is a fully remote role, so experience working with a dispersed team is a must. Your mission will be to act as the escalation point to our front-line support engineers. These will be customer issues submitted via support-site tickets, emails, live chats, and phone calls. Additionally, you will help to document feature requests and potential product gaps, as well as effectively communicate with product management to improve customer experiences.
This position is remote with a JST (Japan Standard Time) Zone preference.
– Solve and manage escalated customer issues;
– Provide team mentoring and leadership;
– Research and solve complex issues;
– Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other internal groups;
– Communicate with the Development and Engineering teams on potential defects;
– Work closely with Customer Success team to meet SLA and customer requirements;
– Acquire both broad and in-depth product knowledge;
– Create and improve documentation to train support engineers to resolve support cases.
Skills & Requirements:
– Strong communications skills – excellent fluency (speaking, writing, and reading) with English, Japanese, and Mandarin;
– Ability to present complex technical issues clearly and concisely to a general audience (This role will be covering the APJ territory);
– 3+ years of experience in a customer facing role;
– 5+ years of technical experience leveraging software logs and product telemetry to troubleshoot issues;
– Investigating customer leads for appropriate account access;
– Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions;
– Technical Leadership – handle technically challenging and politically sensitive customer situations;
– In-depth knowledge of networking (TCP/IP) and the ability to troubleshoot networking issues to resolution;
– Demonstrate ability to recover from dissatisfied-customer situations in collaboration with the team manager;
– Experience with network troubleshooting and awareness of common network issues;
– Ability to understand the customers best interests in terms of problem impact;
– Ability to discovery, recognize and assess alternate solutions to a problem;
– Ability and motivation to learn behaviors of unfamiliar components/technologies as needed;
– Ability to work independently when rest of team is on a different time zone, while having the acumen to know when to escalate issues;
– Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment;
– Ability to work collaboratively;
– Demonstrate coaching skills;
– Should have passion for technology and customer support;
– Ability to quickly grasp and thrive supporting new cutting-edge (niche) technology;
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Mobile or computer forensics experience;
– Working knowledge of embedded/micro systems;
– Working with Law Enforcement and/or Government customers;
– Experience with Salesforce and SSO Solutions, preferably Okta;
– Experience with Gitlab and Zendesk (or similar ticketing and tracking system);
– Working experience with Kibana and KQL;
– Familiarity with leveraging open-source tools (Google, domain lookups, etc…) to investigate leads for potential to be customers;
– Bachelor’s degree.
Grayshift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.grayshift.com.