Website Flock Safety
Eliminate non-violent crime through technology
Help us eliminate non-violent crime, one community at a time
Are you excited about eliminating non-violent crime and fascinated by the potential for technology to accelerate it? Do you want to help build a company that’s solving crime every day, while creating public / private partnerships, and protecting the privacy of individual citizens?
Flock Safety exists to eliminate non-violent crime. We believe that safety starts, not when you enter your home or even your property, but when you enter your community. We are stronger when we all work together and that’s why Flock Safety developed technology specifically designed to help private citizens and local law enforcement work together to stop crime.
While safety is serious business, we still think there is some space for having fun. We call Atlanta home and are well funded by YCombinator, Matrix Partners, BedRock Capital, and Founders Fund – and we’re growing.
About the opportunity
Flock is looking to hire motivated and strategic minded individuals to join our Customer team as Market Managers. The Customer team is focused on three pillars: customer satisfaction, retention, and growth. This is not a sales role; rather, it’s a market ownership role where you are focused on ensuring satisfied customers who renew their Flock subscriptions. Markets grow through a variety of tactics – some examples: connecting local press with great stories of Flock cameras being used to solve crime; organizing a community event between the local police department (who you’ve turned into Flock advocates) and neighborhood association leaders from around the city interested in eliminating non-violent crime.
The ideal Market Manager is excited to own relationships with our customers and loves being the face and voice of Flock. Market Managers will know their markets inside and out, leveraging their relationships and communication skills with key customers to foster growth in the markets. They will always be innovating, seeing what works and what doesn’t, and sharing their learnings throughout the organization. This role is especially exciting because the Market Managers will partner directly with local police departments and neighborhood associations to help our mission of eliminating non-violent crime.
Market Managers contribute to the growth and expansion of customers in their markets and will also own all aspects of the customer – from answering one-off support questions, managing key accounts, demonstrating the product, educating customers, and more. This role will require exemplary time management skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, critical thinking, a desire to solve customer problems, and effective communication throughout the customer experience. Travel to your market(s) will happen in spurts – think a few days once or twice a month.
Some challenges you’ll tackle
- Bridge the gap between private and public customers to create communities focused on eliminating non-violent crime
- Constantly identify new ways to grow your markets through a combination of grassroots market development and leveraging your happy customers (be they neighborhoods or police departments)
- Manage key accounts from the moment a customer signs their contract through renewal
- Be the internal voice of the customer (because no one knows them as well as you do!) – provide thoughtful and actionable feedback to teams across Flock to help drive meaningful process and product change based on what you learn from your customers
- Create strategic partnerships with police departments and homeowners associations within a geographic region
- Help customers get much-needed evidence in front of law enforcement in the event of a crime
- Work closely with our public relations and marketing team to increase press coverage in your markets
- Translate software functionality into terms that any customer can understand
- Design systems to allow communication with customers at scale
- 3-5 years of experience in a customer-facing role (Account Management, Market Management, Customer Success, Consulting, Sales)
- Highly adaptable individual who embraces change and knows how to pivot when confronted with new challenges
- Enjoy building scalable processes from scratch
- Communicate clearly and concisely about both technical and non-technical subject matter (presentation, written, verbal)
- Be excited about working on a fast-paced, constantly evolving product
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once
- Exhibit a passion for providing exceptional customer service
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that put team over self. We offer competitive salary (commensurate with experience), equity in the company (everybody is an owner!), benefits, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth startup. Our office is in the Westside Provisions District, surrounded by some of the best restaurants, coffee shops, and shopping in the city. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate non-violent crime, one neighborhood at a time.
To apply for this job please visit www.flocksafety.com.