Website Flock Safety
We are looking to hire a dynamic PR coordinator to join Flock Safety’s marketing team. In this role, you’ll be an important part of an exciting media communications process by drafting press releases, pitching stories, managing PR events, and maintaining great relationships with internal stakeholders, reporters, and customers.
To ensure success, you’ll need to have a solutions-based, problem-solving mindset and the ability to handle a fast-moving, complex PR process. A top-notch PR coordinator should display exceptional communication skills, an eye for detail, and a love for optimization and organization.
The ideal candidate has 1-3 years of PR experience either with an agency or in-house. Internship experience can be applicable, if appropriate.
How You Will Take Flight With Flock
- Write and assist with pitches and press releases for product launches, company announcements, and customer communications
- Build press lists for targeted media relations, and cultivate productive relationships with media outlets and reporters to ensure favorable coverage
- Work closely with customers, primarily in the public sector (local law enforcement agencies across the U.S.) to gather stories, write press release and pitch templates, and disseminate information to media
- Coordinate media interviews and prepare talking points as necessary for interviews
- Prepare social media copy and posts for several platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram)
- Work well with internal stakeholders including marketing, product, customer, and the executive team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with knowledge of press release style guidelines
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to engage with and further develop relationships with customers and press
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- 1-3 years of direct public relations experience, either at an agency or in-house
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, or a relevant field is a plus
- Experience working with technology companies and products is a plus
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that put team over self. We offer competitive salary (commensurate with experience), equity in the company, take what you need vacation policy, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth mission-driven startup. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate crime, one community at a time.
To apply for this job please visit www.flocksafety.com.