Website Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code.
The Flatiron School is seeking a Lead Software Engineering Instructor to join our growing team.
What We Look for in Teachers:
The goal of any instructor is to drive outcomes. As the lead of a course, the buck stops with you, but we are looking for people that LOVE TEACHING. We make it a mission to seek out teachers who can infect, infuse and inspire with passion, wisdom, positivity, and humor. They show students how to love what they do, and how to better love who they are.
The Lead Software Engineering Instructor will:
Make No Little Plans
- Build for scale by planning, writing, and delivering lectures in accordance with the progress and pace of the class.
- Pilot our experimental efforts in curriculum and pedagogical style pursuing our collective unending quest to provide the best experience and most positive outcomes.
- Develop and lead student project sprints throughout the semester.
- Create a safe and collaborative environment where students understand that helping their peers betters their own experience.
- Find what to love. Leverage passion as a force for motivation by sharing what you are passionate about with your students and working those topics into lesson plans as appropriate.
- Embrace change and thrive in ambiguity by helping students and staff with real time efforts, like debugging a student’s project or assignment, while devoting time and effort to developing the macro learning plan.
- Move quickly by prepare your own lectures but anticipating last minutes changes based on the class’ progress and learning goals.
- Use feedback from students gathered via class surveys to greatly exceed the minimum bar.
- Integrate feedback from team members on progress of class to set pacing and determine tactical interventions.
- Provide feedback to team members by conducting weekly 1 on 1s and over communicating on a daily basis.
- Empower others to succeed by conducting interviews for instructors and students for future cohorts.
Qualifications for Lead Web Development Instructor:
A lead instructor must qualify for BOTH of the following requirements:
- Prior experience teaching code to a class of students
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.
To apply for this job please visit wework.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.