Website Evident ID
Online identity verification services without the risk
Evident is revolutionizing the way personal data is shared. Evident provides a simple, secure platform that lets businesses confidently know who they are dealing with without handling sensitive personal data. From identity verifications to background checks and everything in between, businesses of all sizes can get the answers they need with less risk and friction. Evident has created a simple API integration that reduces liability associated with collecting personal data for businesses, while empowering individuals to manage when and where their data is shared. Companies like Airbnb, Wag, and Roomi use Evident to verify the credentials of thousands of people each day and ensure that they are providing a safe and rewarding experience for their customers.
Evident is seeking a highly motivated and talented Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our team and help build the components that make our unique solutions. The ideal candidate is a versatile self starter with a Computer Science degree. The Software Engineer’s responsibilities include crafting and developing software for Evident’s cloud platform, web interface, and/or mobile apps.
- Make improvements to our cloud APIs and work on new features in existing code base
- Solve issues and implement solutions along with test cases
- Work with other team members defining new features and extending existing ones
- Implement automated tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala and/or Java
- Deep understanding of object oriented and functional paradigms
- Willingness to learn and work with technology stacks different from the ones used in the past
- Solid background in RESTful Web Services
- Strong grasp of relational and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Background in Networks and Security (Public Key Infrastructure, SSL, Crypto)
- Proficiency in Linux and Shell scripting
- Proficient in git
- Knowledge of ansible or similar provisioning tool is a plus
- Full-stack experience is a plus
- Our team solves a crucial problem with huge business potential together, and we are able to see exactly how our contribution affects customers!
- Competitive pay package, including base pay and stock options
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits and 401K
- Unlimited vacation
- Self improvement and technology budgets for every employee
- Casual dress all day, every day
- Catered lunch 3 times a week, unlimited snacks & drinks, happy hours and cookouts!
To apply for this job please visit evidentid.workable.com.