The Engage internship program will bring together a team of talented graduate and undergraduate students from leading educational institutions in Atlanta across four tracks – Fund Management, Insights Analysts, Design + Communications, and Operations. The Content and Social Media Internship will fall under the Design and Communications track.
This internship will be a part time opportunity for 15 – 20 hours per week with a paid or for-credit option available. The internship program will be managed by the Director of Platform & Operations at Engage – Dr. Nammy Vedire. In addition to their regular responsibilities, Engage interns will meet weekly to listen to guest speakers, learn leadership skills, develop a deeper understanding of business concepts, and discuss progress on projects.
The internship will start in early January 2021 and will run through the Spring semester, with a possibility to extend to more opportunities over the summer of 2021 and beyond. Applicants should be creative, hardworking, self-motivated leaders with a general interest in innovation and startups.
Engage is looking for a content and social media intern to contribute to our external communications channels and articulate our voice. Our ideal candidate is a current student or recent college graduate with some journalism, writing, or communications experience. You know how many characters are in a tweet, are excellent at meeting deadlines, and can align your writing style with a prescribed brand voice and tone. The specific responsibilities and requirements of this role are detailed below:
- Understand Engage’s core values and brand guidelines when building print or web material for platform requirements
- Research and collection of news on the startups, corporate and university partners, and community members that make up Engage’s network
- Collaborating with the Engage team to identify important activities and updates worth sharing in newsletters, social media, and other external communication channels
- Writing and scheduling content for Engage’s social media platforms, primarily Twitter and LinkedIn. Using a social media scheduling tool or the platforms directly to post this content, employing proper tagging, use of visuals, and grammar/spelling
- Compiling content for the monthly Engage newsletter, and inputting this content into a newsletter template
- Working on other writing assignments, with direction and as assigned, as well as helping to copy edit Engage materials
- Attending Engage events and activities, as needed and appropriate
- Assisting with other firm operations and projects, as appropriate
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with proper writing convention, stylistic choices (preferably AP style), and good writing practices
- Proficiency in social media content and management, specifically on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Preference will be given to candidates with some graphic design experience, even if not proficient
- Preference will be given to candidates with a familiarity with email marketing tools such as Mailchimp and SendGrid
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must be able to work out of the Engage Office in Midtown Atlanta. Please send a copy of your resume and two writing samples to Holly Beilin [email@example.com] with the subject line ‘Engage Content + Social Media Internship.’ Applications will be processed in the order they are received in. Final deadline for applying is 11:59 pm on Saturday, January 9th 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org