Emrgy provides clean energy generation capabilities to the owners / managers of man-made water transport canals constituting a multi-billion dollar opportunity in North America alone. The Company’s 5-10 kW modular hydropower turbines integrate flexibly within existing waterways to generate continuous renewable electric power using innovative hardware and software technology. Emrgy’s distributed hydropower solution embodies the same attributes that have made the wind and solar power industries grow exponentially over the past several decades: modularity and flexibility. Building upon four years of development, over $2 million in Federally-sponsored R&D funding, growing customer engagements, and its global sales and manufacturing partnership with GE, Emrgy is preparing for expansion and significant sales with committed municipal and utility customers in 2020.
About the Work – The Director of Product Development (DPD) is a key leader on Emrgy’s management team. The DPD is responsible for both near-term product development efforts and mid- to long-term innovation and provides the key handoff to manufacturing and deployment. This role will require knowledge of the entire energy production system, including the hydrokinetic turbine technology, power take-off system, control and power electronics, balance-of-system components and grid/microgrid interconnect. This role will also have direct interaction with the supply chain and external contractors that support each of the major programs listed above. The work will include guiding product design which employs computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling through to design-for-manufacture, assembly, and subsequent design iteration based on field testing.
The Director of Product Development will report directly to the Chief Technical / Operating Officer as well as have frequent interaction with the Chief Executive Officer and the manufacturing and deployment team.
About You – The ideal candidate will have strong engineering background with experience in mechanical and/or electrical systems, ideally with an exposure to hydrodynamics and CFD, and will have previously worked in moving clean energy technology from the laboratory to the marketplace. The candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience managing a staff of different engineering disciplines to produce results quickly. Ideal candidates will have a deep knowledge of energy or industrial hardware manufacturing as well as iterative engineering design and delivery. This role requires an experience in early-stage product development where the road is paved with new challenges on a regular basis and where flexibility and desire to assimilate new knowledge – in many cases outside of your core expertise – is a key to success.
Emrgy is growing its team and is seeking leaders to join our capitalized Atlanta startup aiming to redefine the state of the art in distributed renewable energy generation. We want entrepreneurial game changers, self-starters, and team players that want to be part of solving global problems in a fast-changing environment.
We’d like to talk with you if you have:
• 10-15 years of experience in energy-related product development roles with increasing responsibility
· A deep knowledge of energy and industrial hardware manufacturing, design and supply chain
· Leadership experience managing a team to solve engineering challenges
· Experience in other renewable energy technology productg development / deployment
· Familiarity with CFD and other engineering software such as Autodesk/SOLIDWORKS/MS Project
· Top notch written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
• BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field; Master’s Degree a plus
You will thrive at Emrgy if you are able to:
• Work well under pressure while maintaining multiple priorities
• Embrace the culture of a fast-paced, high-growth potential company (preferably with startup experience)
• Take initiative to implement innovative strategies from the ground up
• Excel in developing process and procedure without existing legacy programs
• Understand what it takes to deliver innovation to an industry without existing roadmaps
Benefits. This is a leadership role within a growing team that is compensated through a market rate salary, select benefits, and short- and long-term cash and/or equity incentives.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com