Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Marketing and Digital Strategy team consists of marketing, social media, and digital strategists with a passion to engage and persuade alumni and constituents to invest in the work of Emory. This position will report to the Director of Communications and Marketing for Digital Strategy.
- Works as part of a team to design, develop websites and interactive web applications.
- Mentors junior developers; leads and participates in team training sessions.
- Delegates development tasks to junior developers as appropriate.
- Designs and creates intuitive and applicable user experiences through information architecture, graphic design and user interface development for websites and applications.
- Conducts research through analysis of current behaviors and future needs, interviewing key stakeholders and target audiences, and studying leading practices and emerging trends.
- Identifies and documents user and technical requirements.
- Develops production quality mock-ups and clickable prototypes as well as production ready graphics, interfaces, templates, and sites.
- Develops final production XHTML and CSS code and web templates and implements solutions within publishing environments.
- Consults with stakeholders and users to determine cost effective and high quality solutions and advises on the feasibility and direction for website initiatives.
- Evaluates the usability of designs through usability testing and personal expertise.
May act as a liaison between the department/division and contractors to ensure the expected level of quality with deliverables.
- Analyzes client requirements to develop customized solutions that optimize function of content management system and facilitate site maintenance.
- Conducts training sessions and writes training documentation for sites or applications.
- Adheres to and executes within established organizational style guides for design and architecture.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
In addition to the duties outlined above, the Senior Developer may be required to:
- Assess, create, and implement new or improved processes for department functions/initiatives.
Gather requirements, design, develop, configure, test, deploy and support Drupal7/Drupal8 (or more recent versions) websites.
- Provide basic systems administration of the LAMP-stack web servers and cloud storage systems used by customers.
- Manage Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and other web analytics software, including ensuring tags and analytics are on all division web platforms/software.
- Ensure content adheres to best practices, university policies and state- and government-mandated laws.
Maintain knowledge/expertise of current software and web solutions, security requirements.
- Represent the department or serve as primary contact working with other departments across the division/University.
- A bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in the design and development of websites or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Graphic design, user interface design and/or information architecture experience preferred.
Cover Letter Required for Consideration
- Successful candidates will have at least five years of experience in Drupal Content Management Solution (WCMS) with proficiency in themes and coding.
- Expertise selecting and integrating Drupal modules to provide desired functionality and customizing and creating new modules as needed.
- Experience with response and adaptive design.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, database and project management software, web reporting/analysis, and CRM systems.
- An aptitude in mastering new software, applications, and databases.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills, adept at problem-solving with attention to detail, and the ability to navigate a complex work environment, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to delivering exceptional customer service, the ability to work collaboratively, and comfort working with ambiguity.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and commitment to confidentiality with sound judgment and discretion.
- Prior experience in advancement, fundraising, alumni engagement, non-profit, or a university setting.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and deadlines.
NOTE:The role will be granted the opportunity to work from home temporarily during the COVID-19 pandemic, with intent to return to an Emory University location in the future. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
To apply for this job please visit staff-emory.icims.com.