Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Marketing and Digital Strategy team consists of marketing, social media, and digital strategists with a passion to engage and persuade donors to invest in the work of Emory. The Director of Digital Marketing will focus on leveraging the use of technology overseeing website development and digital outreach including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, CMS (Drupal), and UX personalization software (Acquia) to support Emory University. The Director will report to the Senior Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy.
- Directs the digital marketing efforts of Advancement and Alumni Engagement.
- Partners with clients to develop comprehensive strategic digital marketing plans, branding, and brand management for the division.
- Directs the creation and development of websites, programs, fundraising initiatives, special event advertising, program materials, proposals, marketing kits, social media, and other marketing materials that support division strategic goals, broadens exposure, or promotes the image/brand.
- Develops policy relating to program initiatives.
- Institutes strategic plans.
- Manages production and execution of digital materials for programs and/or services to targeted audiences to increase alumni/donor pride, involvement and investment in the University.
- Manages relationships or partnerships within Emory and the division.
- Reviews marketing research and identifies new opportunities for growth and development.
- Reviews and analyzes various forms of data to develop reports, track progress, and identify new growth opportunities.
- Develops strategy and metrics for the team.
- Stays abreast of and implements use of latest trends in marketing, video, social media, and digital strategies. Manages relationships and negotiates contracts with vendors.
- May manage a department budget.
- Manages a team of marketing staff.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
In addition to the duties outlined above, the Director may be required to:
- Serve as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, implementing user journeys, email creation, use of data extensions, etc. Support website development and maintenance.
- Establish omni-channel marketing strategies and plans for events, programs, and solicitations utilizing audience personas and tactics to reach desired audience.
- Integrate and optimize digital marketing tactics to drive development goals for the University.
- Develop strategies and ensure adherence to SEO and SEM best practices Drive and execute online marketing for multiple platforms, based on goals, donor mindset, brand guidelines, and fundraising priorities.
- Develop creative briefs, collateral requests, and editorial calendars, as well as, own daily communication with creative, production, web production, and development officers to ensure successful execution of web content and campaigns.
- A bachelor’s degree and five years of professional experience in communications and marketing.
- Cover Letter Required for Consideration
- Successful candidates will have advanced knowledge and experience in digital marketing leveraging various technologies including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Drupal Content Management Solution (WCMS), and UX personalization software (Acquia).
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience in digital storytelling and design, philanthropic, advancement, donor recognition, alumni engagement, non-profit, or a university setting.
- Experience working with electronic communications and websites, various technologies including strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite, design and video editing software, web content management systems, HTML, mass email applications, team-based fundraising tools, and crowdfunding platforms.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, database and project management software, web reporting/analysis, and CRM systems.
- An aptitude in mastering new software, applications, and databases.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and navigate a complex work environment.
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service, the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, and comfort working with ambiguity.
- Capacity to lead and develop a team’s skills through effective feedback and coaching, motivating and empowering colleagues while being institutionally minded, strategic, and impactful.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and commitment to confidentiality with sound judgment and discretion. Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and deadlines.
- The role will be granted the opportunity to work from home temporarily during the COVID-19 pandemic, with intent to return to an Emory University location in the future. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit staff-emory.icims.com.