Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions.
Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
As we continue to grow our customer-base, we are looking for an experienced, Import/Export Analyst to join us as a Customer Success Manager. You will be a strategic advisor to our customers, sharing your expertise, insights, best practices, and recommendations. You will work with customers to understand their business goals and optimize the value of our solutions. You will ultimately manage a portfolio of customers to strengthen retention, increase expansion and cultivate advocacy.
What’s in it for you
Immediate and ongoing professional growth. You have experience in the SaaS world or in a CSM role where you can apply your knowledge towards helping customers with dedication, integrity, and high ethical standards. At Descartes, we value the contributions that each of our employees makes towards achieving our corporate goals. We strive to ensure that each team member has the tools and support they need to make valuable contributions. You will have the chance to collaborate with and learn from globally recognized industry leaders who pride themselves on delivering quality services and market-leading innovations.
Impact. This is a growing area in the industry and within the organization. You will help shape the function and the team, and contribute to building and adapting the processes to ensure customer success. At Descartes, we take a bottom-up approach, giving voice and opportunity to every team member to make an impact on how we evolve to attract and retain more customers. You will thrive in our high-performance, team-oriented culture and be part of a winning team, at a place where you can pursue your goals.
Exposure. This is a chance to work with top strategic global clients, create engagement with customized solutions, and collaborate with internal sales and product teams. You will stay up to date with technical changes, market conditions, emerging trends, and initiatives involving competitive activities to reinforce our solutions as the choice for clients to address significant business issues and grow their revenue stream.
What you will focus on
- Demonstrate your domain experience. You will act as a trusted advisor, provide strategic consultation, and address any import/export customer inquiries. You will identify customers’ organizational business needs and goals to better understand how we can succeed.
- Drive retention. You will proactively engage customers and develop action plans to optimize usage and mitigate any risk of churn. You will identify opportunities for growth and nurture customers into advocates to further Descartes’ goals.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts. You will conduct data-driven, solution-oriented business reviews and success meetings. You will facilitate customer migration to our new web-based solution, setting them up on the platform, suggesting and negotiating additional features, demonstrating capabilities and providing training.
- Spearhead education. You will plan and host customer-facing import/export webinars on best practices, trends, and new initiatives in Canada.
- Collaborate. You will work with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Implementation teams on proposals, webinar development, and improvement/feature suggestions based on customer feedback.
What you bring
- The experience. You have 5 years focused on Canadian customs and import/ export regulations, processes, and documentation related to shipment delivery, Harmonized Tariff codes, and the new CARM initiative. You have experience with the Canada Border Services Agency and ideally, you are a Certified Customs Specialist (CCS).
- The customer-focus. You have exceptional communication, presentation, written, and negotiation skills. You can build relationships to cultivate life-long business partnerships. You take a consultative approach to work with customers in order to engage and optimize their usage of software products. You are naturally inquisitive and passionate about bringing clients the technology solutions they need to make their days easier and their work more efficient.
- The business planning. You can dig deep to understand both the big picture organizational goals of your clients and the root cause of business problems, effectively aligning solutions to address complex issues. You are metrics-driven and insightful, diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and overcoming barriers.
Making an Impact
We succeed when our customers succeed so, for us, results are everything. Descartes’ logistics and supply chain solutions help automate, streamline and secure the flow of goods and information in ways that result in a significant positive impact on the environment. In 2020, we helped our customers save over 552 thousand metric tons of CO2, 1.86 billion sheets of paper, and 727 million liters of fuel.
Descartes has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
Network | Applications | Intelligence| Innovation
Our cloud-based solutions improve logistics and supply chain productivity, performance, and security. Descartes’ Logistics Technology Platform innovatively combines the world’s most expansive logistics network with the industry’s broadest array of logistics management applications and most comprehensive offering of global trade related intelligence.
- Network: The Descartes Global Logistics Network™ manages the real-time flow of commercial, logistics, customs and product information. It spans more than 160 countries and connects hundreds of thousands of organizations in logistics and transportation, manufacturing, distribution, retail, government, ecommerce and business services.
- Applications: Customers use our modular, cloud-based applications to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes
- Intelligence: Our global trade intelligence solutions and services enable organizations to work smarter by making better, data -driven business and supply chain decisions.
- Innovation: We’re focused on transforming new ideas and feedback from our customers and in-house domain experts into real-world innovations. New developments in the areas of IoT, machine learning, AI and analytics are enhancing the ability of our solutions to solve problems and process more information in new and complex ways.
Today’s supply chains are more connected, complex and moving faster than ever. To meet this challenge, Descartes is leading digital transformation for companies of all sizes. We invite you to join our epic journey.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology.
We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it.
We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at email@example.com. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.