Corstrata, Inc. is an early stage, entrepreneurial, telehealth services company dedicated to providing needed services to patients with acute or chronic skin breakdown. Wounds and ostomy patients represent greater than 8M people in the USA, and the numbers are growing. The use of technology in the care and management of these patients has become ever more important in the COVID pandemic.
The Senior Software Engineer will play an integral role in leading the Corstrata technology strategy and is integral in achieving the organization’s long-term vision, ambitious growth plans, and short-term objectives. Although there are significant, key components of IP to be developed and will uniquely define Corstrata in the marketplace, it is critical to recognize the systems integration requirements to meet both the internal demands and external customer requirements.
Corstrata’s Senior Software Engineer will be an integral part of the Senior Management Team and have a voice in the overall growth strategy of the company. The role requires a strong conceptual understanding of the Company’s vision and how it translates into a customized software platform.
The Senior Software Engineer requires:
- BS or MS in Software Engineering
- Like-type successes in Technical Architecture and Engineering, as the technology leader
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to build
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive posture to business challenges
- Philosophical support for Open Architecture and Interoperability, with pragmatic awareness of proprietary design biases in peer organizations
- Ability to articulate the strengths of Open Architecture and achieve peer support for interoperability design
- Awareness of Healthcare technology regulatory requirements
- Necessary experience to conceptually design the architectural platform from which all other efforts will advance
- Ability to recruit a highly qualified team, with a performance-driven culture
- Ability to distill challenges into identifiably clear solutions to eliminate fervor and drama
- Clearly define the development tools necessary to meet the overall architecture requirements
- Work with super users and development teams to establish roadmap requirements
- Lead internal and external teams in development roadmaps
- Work effectively with peer senior engineers and system architects to build
The right person for this role will have:
- A minimum of 8 years full-stack experience
- Deep experience in web applications at scale, including full cycle of design, build and deploy
- Strong experience with AWS Cloud Services, Open Source, and Dev Ops
- Extensive knowledge of REST APIs
- A well-informed opinion in the necessary development languages and tools
- Knowledge of healthcare data models, legacy DBMS, and more contemporary unstructured, natural language data storage
- Ability to lead end-to-end, conceptual design to distribution and support of the development life cycle
- Strong management skills and proven performance in ongoing Dev Ops production monitoring
- Operational experience in the standard data-processing infrastructure – using AWS services, Scala, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Proven experience in managing offshore teams
- Collaborative approach with 3rd party vendors and customers
- Working use of Github and other versioning software
- Experience with FDA 510Ks for Digital Devices, a definite plus
- Knowledge of SSO providers and services (OAuth, SAML, and LDAP)
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Corstrata seeks not just to accept differences, but to celebrate, support, and thrive on it for the benefit of our staff, our product, and our community. Employment is based solely on someone’s merit and qualifications directly related to their professional competence. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org