This is a part time, remote position working shifts Sunday – Thursday between 4:00AM-10:00AM EST
The Teaching Assistant position with Coding Dojo requires lots of empathy and patience for our individual learners. You play an integral role in clearing doubt for students as they try to understand some of the most difficult concepts in a short amount of time within our bootcamp programs. This is traditionally a short-term, part-time position, great for those junior or entry-level product managers looking to hone their skills by sharing their knowledge with others. This will be a remote position supporting students in other time zones.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Occasionally support Instructors through assisting in teaching through small lectures, live demos.
- Enforce the 20-minute rule.
- Frequent check-ins with students (every 20 minutes depending), to identify what students are working on and how to support their learning.
- Provide student feedback to the lead instructor.
- Create and support a fun atmosphere for learning.
- Comfortable with supporting students remotely via Zoom & chat forums.
- Desire to help and explain concepts to students.
- Enthusiasm – exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Calm under pressure – maintains stable performance even when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Intelligence – demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Communication – can break down complex concepts in a simple, easy to understand manner
- Humble – respectful of everyone.
You must have proficient product management experience. Please ensure you meet or exceed at least one of the following:
- B.S. degree in computer science, marketing, business or a related degree from an accredited college or university
- Certification of Completion from a Product Management bootcamp (nice to have)
- Working knowledge of the Product Management Lifecycle
- Professional experience as a product analyst, product manager, scrum master, program or project manager or domain expert
- Working knowledge in Product Management concepts such as problem definition, strategy, user stories & epics, wireframes, user experience, agile methodologies and all of the product management topics that we teach
We’d Love To Work With You If:
- You are passionate about learning, helping others, and making a positive impact in the world. Your energy will be an important driver for the success of our students and staff. We want you to inspire!
- You are a highly-motivated, empathetic individual.
- You have teaching experience, especially in product management, or have trained/mentored product managers. (nice to have)
- Management, mentorship, and/or coaching experience is a big plus!
- You have excellent communication skills.
ABOUT CODING DOJO
Coding Dojo is an industry-leading coding bootcamp whose flagship program is unmatched: we teach 3 full stacks in 3 months— a mixture of which can include Python, MEAN, MERN, Rails, C#, or Java. This position is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up and make a positive impact in many people’s lives.
To apply for this job please visit coding-dojo.breezy.hr.