ClearStar is a leader in background and medical screening.
Job Title: RFP Specialist
Type/FLSA: Full-time, Exempt
Reporting to: Chief Revenue Officer
ClearStar is a leader in background and medical screening technology, developing innovative products that have helped companies hire better for 25 years. The company has expanded quickly, and we have just secured additional investment to meaningfully accelerate our growth.
Much of this growth will be driven by sales to large clients, which often run structured procurement processes. To support our sales team in these processes, we are now hiring an RFP Specialist who is skilled at producing compelling sales documents.
We have newly created the RFP Specialist position to help us better articulate our considerable strengths and unique positioning in the marketplace. In particular, the background screening industry is fragmented: many small competitors provide personalized and high-touch service but are unable to deliver the sophistication enterprise customers demand; meanwhile, a few large competitors can serve a wide array of needs but do not provide the personal level of care clients prefer. In contrast, ClearStar has a great story to tell, as we are able to deliver a superior product with superior service.
To effectively tell this story, the RFP Specialist should be an experienced proposal writer who is able to balance thoroughness and detail-orientation with excellent writing skills that will help us stand out from the crowd. The right candidate will also have excellent collaboration skills, as the role will require frequent engagement with sales, marketing, legal, and technical subject matter experts. The RFP Specialist will also build and manage a content database to improve the quality and efficiency of our response to proposals.
· Write polished, accurate, and thorough sales documents as responses to RFPs and RFIs, based on well-researched understanding of prospects’ needs
· Work with sales representatives to effectively manage the RFP process, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality materials
· Collaborate with marketing to build response templates and to ensure responses are well-designed and on-brand
· Engage subject matter experts across the business – including product, engineering, operations, and legal – to ensure materials are accurate, which is essential given regulations related to background and medical screening
· Build and continuously maintain an RFP content database to improve the consistency, quality, and efficiency of the RFP response process
· Conduct regular review sessions to analyze successes and failures, seeking to continuously update and improve our approach, materials, and interactions
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
· At least 3 years of experience in a related role, preferably as an RFP / proposal writer or copywriter in background screening or technology / technology-enabled businesses
· Excellent copywriting skills, with an eye for detail
· Ability to learn, understand, and articulate technical and legal requirements
· Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
· Strong collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
· Significant experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Document / layout design skills are welcome but not required
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university or equivalent experience; and minimum of three years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SalesForce, live person chat capabilities, web conferencing, order processing systems and database software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Previous experience with internet programs required. Additional certificates and licenses not required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
For questions or to submit your resume for consideration, contact HR@clearstar.net.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@Clearstar.net