ClearStar is a leader in background and medical screening.
Job Title: Strategic Partnerships Director
Type/FLSA: Full-time, Exempt
Reporting to: Chief Revenue Officer
ClearStar is a leader in background and medical screening technology, developing innovative products that have helped companies hire better for 25 years. The company has expanded quickly, and we have just secured additional investment to meaningfully accelerate our growth.
Much of this growth will come from deep, strategic partnerships. To date, without dedicated resources, we have built several strong partnerships that drive substantial new revenue. Now, as a result of our recent strategic review, ClearStar’s leadership and Board of Directors have committed as a priority to investing in partnerships, led by a senior Partnerships Director with a dedicated budget.
The Partnerships Director will engage with Applicant Tracking System (ATS) providers to build win-win relationships. Most HR professionals use ATSs to manage their recruiting process, and it is critical to them that background screening integrates seamlessly into their recruiting workflows. Meanwhile, ATS providers invest in partnerships so that they can refer clients to trusted background screening partners. ClearStar’s industry leadership and excellent customer satisfaction make us an attractive and safe choice.
Developing strategic partnerships with ATSs requires a cross-functional skillset: business development and selling skills to design, negotiate, and deepen profitable referral relationships; the ability to work with marketing to craft joint, co-sponsored campaigns; sufficient comfort with technology to manage both partners’ and ClearStar product teams’ expectations on integration timelines; and strategic and project management skills to build a successful partnerships program from the ground up.
ClearStar is at an exciting inflection point in its journey, and the Partnerships Director will play a critical role in accelerating our growth. The right candidate will have a track record of consistently exceeding targets in partnerships, business development, and/or sales roles, with the entrepreneurialism and energy to build a new program that positions ClearStar as a partner of choice.
· Develop strategy and roadmap for ClearStar’s partnerships capability, detailing program benefits to partners and to ClearStar, resources required, and incremental revenue targets
· Map the partner ecosystem to assess and prioritize both strategic ATS partners as well as “technology-only” ATS partners
· Deepen relationships with our current ATS partners – particularly our “core” strategic partners, upgrading their experience based on the formalized partner program
· Engage with new ATS partners, successfully negotiate win-win relationships that will deliver incremental revenue, and support / onboard new partners
· Proactively manage partner relationships and drive year-on-year growth in referred client revenue
· Work closely with the ClearStar sales team to ensure that sales reps are trained on each partner, that partner referrals are managed well, and that ClearStar and partners are aligned in front of prospects and clients
· Work with the ClearStar marketing team to execute joint marketing campaigns with partners, ensuring positive returns on investment and alignment with the marketing strategy
· Work with ClearStar product and technology team to deliver ATS integrations that provide excellent end-user, client, and partner experiences
· Develop metrics and reporting to track engagement with current / potential partners and financial returns
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
· At least 10 years of related work experience, preferably in technology or technology-enabled businesses
· A track record of consistent overachievement vs. targets in partnerships or business development roles
· Strong performance in a sales role is an added bonus but not a requirement
· A combination of strategic and tactical skills, with the ability to see the big picture and focus on what really matters, alongside the ability to creatively get deals done
· Ability to speak credibly about technology products and services, alongside familiarity with product and engineering
· Strong collaboration skills and comfort with working with multiple functions, including sales, marketing, product, engineering, and finance
· Excellent communication skills with both external audiences (partners, customers) and internal audiences (senior leadership, sales team)
· Entrepreneurialism and willingness to “do the dirty work,” particularly as this is a build-from-scratch, individual contributor role to start
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and minimum ten years related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SalesForce, live person chat capabilities, web conferencing, order processing systems and database software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Previous experience with internet programs required. Additional certificates and licenses not required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
For questions or to submit your resume for consideration, contact HR@clearstar.net.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@clearstar.net