Leading provider of Human Capital Integrity℠ technology services
Job Title: Technical Service Analyst
Reports To: Director, Product Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Provide technical support, advice and assistance to clients using ClearStar applications. Work closely with Development and DevOps teams in identifying and resolving software and hardware defects, system data issues, and advanced system requests as well as Product on new product development testing and training where needed. Lead technical service projects to include, but not limited to: improvement of support tools, training and client integration implementations. Ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and an interest in a database administration or system administration career track.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
– Providing technical support for technology clients via phone, email and live chat.
– Work with Product and Development on possible software defects as reported by clients.
– Work with DevOps, DBA and/or infrastructure support, to identify and resolve issues in the production environment.
– Perform detailed troubleshooting and investigation of reported system issues, to include running database queries, examining configuration files, and evaluating source code.
– Write custom queries or make minor changes to existing reports to meet specific customer requirements or requests.
– Participate in design and development of support tools and training materials.
– Technical service projects and other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
· Experience: 2+ years in a technical support environment for Microsoft technology-based applications
· Experience: 2+ years MS SQL Server 2008 R2, 2014 T-SQL programming. Able to create and run T-SQL DDL and DML statements to troubleshoot database issues
· 2+ years of experience with some of the following:
• Windows Server administration and management including Windows Domains, IIS 6 or higher and standard windows tools/technologies (Event log, PerfMon, MMC, MSMQ, AD)
· Networking background with TCP/IP and other related protocols such as FTP, FTPs, HTTP, HTTPs,
· TCP/IP, SSH, etc. and ability to use network diagnostic tools (ping, tractrt, telnet, etc.) is a plus
· Strong planning, organizational and presentation skills necessary
· Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently with little direction
· Must be able to be support rotating assignment of after-hours emergency support
· Strong written and verbal communication skills – to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
· Advanced problem-solving skills with ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, live person chat capabilities, order processing systems and database software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Previous experience with internet programs required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com