Website Civic Dinners
Bringing people together for conversations that matter.
Civic Dinners was founded to bring people together for conversations that matter. Our technology allows diverse voices to connect for structured conversations that build empathy, trust, and collective action around specific issues.
The Civic Dinners team is lean and strong. We are a rapidly-growing tech company based in Atlanta, Georgia — but with employees all over the world. We only hire ace players who are talented, collaborative, kind, hardworking, and fully committed to making Civic Dinners a flying success. Everyone who works at Civic Dinners is willing to roll up their sleeves and dive in wherever needed, whenever needed.
Our team is award-winning, fun, diverse and whole-heartedly committed to the purpose of Civic Dinners. As a benefit corporation, we champion inclusion for all and aim to become the global platform for conversations that open hearts, connect minds and spark real change.
Civic Dinners is looking for an experienced and fast-paced Product Designer proficient in design thinking principles and visual design fundamentals.
In this role, you must understand business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, and translate them into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. You will be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate based on user-testing feedback.
As a Product Designer at Civic Dinners, you will be designing a product that helps our clients discuss the most important topics of the 21st century, such as climate change, polarization, equity, inclusion and sustainability. You will help Civic Dinners engage millions of people, driving thought leadership around the importance of listening and engaging employees, neighbors and leaders in crucial community conversations.
Please submit a portfolio that shows off the breadth of your capabilities including your process and end products.
- Conduct customer interviews for discovery and concept validation, and synthesize findings
- Use analytics, user insights, user-centered design best practices, and competitor analysis to inform design decisions
- Partner with cross-functional teams to determine business and feature requirements
- Translate requirements into concepts and design iterative features that will drive deep engagement and deliver a delightful experience to customers
- Assist with building out design guidelines and patterns to ensure a consistent, intuitive experience across the platform
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, knowing when to subject early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Act as “go-to” with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards
- Effectively negotiate trade-offs with product management and engineering
- 3+ years of experience in product design and user experience research. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital platforms.
- Efficiency in Figma and prototyping tools
- Self-motivated, proactive team player who works well in a fast-paced, startup environment
- A strong foundation in user-centered design methods, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Proficiency in designing user interfaces and experiences, including information architecture, user flows, wireframes, visual design, and prototypes that articulate product design
- Experience working in a highly iterative and collaborative environment, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Design or UX-related field of study or relative experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. and living in the U.S. time zones.
Bonus Skills and Attributes:
- Previous SaaS startup experience
Full-time position, competitive salary with generous stock option grants (at the ground floor strike price), PTO, Holiday and bonus incentives based on financial performance of the company.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.