Website Cinema Life
A Film Festival Collective
Job Title: Festival Director
Reports to: Cinema Life Founders
Location: Atlanta, Georgia or Chicago, Illinois
Details: Part-time, contractor position.
The Cinema Life Film Festival Collective is seeking applications for the position of Film Festival Director. The Festival Director is responsible for securing, planning, and marketing the highest quality program of films and panels; and for delivering a premier level of hospitality to filmmakers and film industry executives for their assigned festival. This director will oversee nearly all aspects of their festival and be responsible for it’s growth and overall success.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the annual process of selecting and programming 50+ official selections to include, but not limited to, call for entries, screening process, programming, notification process, negotiations & agreements, budgeting, communications & publications, print traffic & projection, juried awards, panels & workshops, special guests & presentations, wrap-up & evaluation.
• Recruit, train, and supervise seasonal festival staff based on your needs.
• Recruit, train, and organize volunteer programmers & screeners, film hosts, and contract service providers (creative & technical) as needed.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with key individuals, representatives, and groups in the independent film industry.
• Stay current on trends and issues within the independent film industry.
• Coordinate with Cinema Life staff to ensure accurate record keeping, up-to-date policies & procedures, effective marketing, clear communications, successful fund development, and sound management of resources.
Qualifications and Skills
• Past experience with film festival logistics and programming.
• Demonstrated knowledge of independent film, the film industry, and key trends.
• Excellent writing & public speaking skills.
• The ability to manage shifting and competing priorities, exercise good judgment and discretion; flexibility in projects and schedules; attention to detail; self-starter; superior organizational skills. Ability to execute projects efficiently and according to schedule. Ability to work independently and to maintain a positive work atmosphere and professional relationships.
Please send your resume to email@example.com if interested in this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org