If you like disrupting the norm and looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry, you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old-fashioned way sucks, and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to…
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using brilliant filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment
- Generate, upload and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
Position: Senior Software Engineer
As a senior software engineer at Carvana, you will have the opportunity to drive the design and development of mission critical, high-priority, and high-visibility projects, including evolving and new initiatives (read: greenfield). You will join a team of highly competent, driven, and supportive engineers in our Atlanta office and HQ in Phoenix and beyond.
Team: Vehicle Experience
This specific role is for Carvana’s Vehicle Experience Team.
- Owns the photo processing pipeline that handles all image asset creation and manipulation for vehicles on the site
- Provide an API to first and third parties to access visual vehicle assets
- Supports and engineers solutions for the operators capturing the photography
- “Productionize” various Computer Vision projects from the R&D team
- We utilize Go, Azure, and Protocol Buffers
Responsibilities (WHY WE NEED YOU)
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to establish appropriate intent of our systems
- Design, develop, test, deliver, support, and improve our software systems.
- Appropriately manage priorities, dependencies, scope, dates, and deliverables.
- Plan and coordinate the execution of work among a team while balancing priorities
- Represent a long-term perspective on our technical landscape
- Maintain the integrity of our domain concepts and data
- Support consuming applications such as web, mobile, or other systems
- Mentor and empower other team members through conversations in person, pairing, email/slack, code reviews, etc.
- Architect, develop, and integrate complex systems under high volume.
- Over-communicate expectations, actions, adjustments, etc.
- Demonstrate empathy and drive
Preferred Skills & Experience (WHAT WE THINK MAY HELP)
- Experience with Go or any other general-purpose programming language (Java, C#)
- Natural curiosity and desire to explore solutions on a small, focused team
- Demonstrated experience building distributed systems.
- Proficiency with best practices, patterns, understanding trade-offs in software design
- Interest and ability to learn other technologies and services as needed
- Experience developing large software systems at scale
- Passion for quality, performance, resilience at scale
- Drive to monitor and inspect complex systems
- Experience with cloud platforms and services
- Relational & Non-relational datastores
- Event-driven architectures
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
Other Related Skills (THINGS YOU MAY ENCOUNTER HERE)
- Azure, Blob Storage, Service Bus, Protocol Buffers, MS SQL
- Typescript, Node
- Machine Learning, Computer Vision, 3D Modeling
- Splunk & Monitoring Mastery
What to expect from Carvana (THE COMPLETE PACKAGE)
- Competitive Salary (AND THIS IS JUST THE START)
- Medical Benefits (CARVANA COVERS 100% OF EMPLOYEE MEDICAL PREMIUMS)
- Dental and Vision Benefits (THIS IS STANDARD, KNOW WE GOT IT)
- Employee car discounts and perks (DUH!)
- 401K with company match (YOUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT)
- Autonomous and transparent work environment (WE WANT TOP TALENT FOR A REASON)
- Encouraging and supportive work environment (YOUR GROWTH IS OUR GROWTH)
- Fun and playful work environment (FUN DRIVES US)
- Flexible and understanding work environment (LIFE HAPPENS WE GET IT)
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.carvana.com.