Calloquy is poised to redefine the legal industry through technologies that improve how legal services are delivered while enhancing access to justice. Our company was founded last year by a skilled and successful litigator from a top tier law firm to solve everyday problems for the legal profession. We are on a mission to harness the power of technology to make a more fair, accessible, and efficient justice system. We are looking for a seasoned Chief Technology Officer to join our team. This will be a dynamic and fast paced role with a multitude of responsibilities. You will help us shape the future of Calloquy and will be a key team member helping us launch the business.
· Guide development of the platform and build and manage a team of software developers as we transition from using contractors to hiring dedicated resources.
· Drive the research, evaluation, procurement and deployment of tools/systems necessary for the success of the Calloquy product.
· Lead the effort to recruit new talent to the company, including making recommendations for new positions, reviewing candidates for open positions to ensure a robust talent pipeline, and in consultation with the CEO make final hiring decisions.
· Support new hire on-boarding for technology talent, including coordination to ensure that talent is equipped with the tools necessary to succeed.
· Establish and ensure compliance with security and safety measures necessary to protect confidential and highly sensitive information.
· Developing and implementing quality assurance processes to ensure that feature sets are ready for customer use.
· Oversee relationships with vendors and contractors supporting the product development and IT functions for the company.
· Help develop and promote the company’s culture of success and dedication to customer service.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Experience effectively leading and growing a team of technology professionals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the proven ability to aspire others to achieve business objectives.
· Proven ability to develop new software solutions that deliver consistent, high-quality results in a secure environment and the scale quickly and cost-effectively.
· Experience with implementing and ensuring compliance with data privacy and security measures related to highly sensitive and confidential data.
· Familiarity with Laravel, React, CodePipeline and CodeBuild, MySQL.
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect preferred.
· Strong attention to detail ensuring that multiple competing priorities are advancing simultaneously.
· “Can do” attitude and “get it done” mentality.
· Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to internal and external stakeholders.
Education and Experience
· Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’ s Degree in Software Engineering or related program.
· 7-10+ years of leadership experience in a software company; preferably with previous CTO experience.
· Substantial successful track record developing software solutions that involve the handling of highly-sensitive information.
Our Values and Beliefs
· Think Big: A fair legal system that cost effectively protects the rights of all individuals and promotes the rule of law. Accomplishing our mission will require big ideas.
· Solve the Problem: When you see a problem, never assume that someone else is already working on the solution. We all must take responsibility for identifying and resolving problems for our stakeholders.
· Collective Good: We are a for profit company, with a social mission. We will strive to promote the collective good of our customers, our employees, our shareholders, and the justice system.
· Do the Right Thing: Doing the “right thing” is never the wrong thing. Always strive to do what is right for our customers, for our business, and for the rule of law.
· Learn from Our Mistakes: We are human, we will make mistakes. Own up to them. Learn from them.
· Earn Trust: The trust of our customers and our colleagues is essential to the success of our business. In each action we take, we must consider whether it is the action that will deepen or destroy trust.
· Action: Take time to gather facts and evaluate potential solutions, and then act. We are not a think tank.
· Hire and Retain the Best: Our people are our most valuable asset. We must have the processes and systems in place to ensure that we hire and retain the best. Period.
· Helps Others Succeed: Our people should strive for constant professional growth. Professional growth requires great mentors, thoughtful bosses, and a desire to see others succeed.
· Individual Dignity: Diverse backgrounds and perspectives is central to our identity.
Calloquy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not limited to LGBTQ+, Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org