What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Quality team?
We know that quality is not something that can be accomplished in a silo and at Calendly, our core values speak directly to our desire to lead with quality in all areas of the business. That’s why we strive to cultivate a Quality Engineering practice wherein QA drives Quality Standards and Processes that enable and empower everyone in the organization to infuse quality into their business areas.
Joining Calendly as a Senior Quality Engineer means you are a change maker, an innovator and a bridge builder. Our forward thinking quality practice is only topped by the drive and support of the people inside and outside of the Quality Engineering group. This role reports to the Head of QA and carries broad autonomy in coordinating quality strategy across the Engineering organization. If you’re passionate about Quality Engineering and looking to develop proactive and predictable quality in parallel with highly efficient and innovative test strategies and practices, then this is the job for you.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
• Provide thought leadership and contribute to the development of Quality Engineering (QE) standards and methodology at Calendly
• Play a major role in the management and delivery of varied projects throughout Engineering
• Socialize and advocate for QE practices and standards throughout the organization
• Evaluate, select and configure appropriate toolsets to provide effective and efficient testing
• Oversee and/or manage tools, systems, and cloud infrastructure employed for quality, automation and testing purposes
• Contribute to designing and developing test automation frameworks for different types of testing including end-to-end, UI, API, integration, performance and more
• Conduct workshops, train and mentor on QE standard methodologies, concepts, process, technology and tools for less experienced team members
• Advise and assist team members with distributed QE responsibilities (i.e. unit testing)
• Apply advanced knowledge and understanding of QE concepts, principles and technical capabilities to support development and test efforts
• Work closely with Engineering Managers to understand the Product architecture in support of identifying, designing, or enhancing existing test frameworks
• Review technical implementation plans to identify needs for the QA team to test, define risk and raise areas of concern based on impact
• Audit test team deliverables to ensure they meet our QE standards
• Be a key escalation point within the QE team to assist with things like support-escalations and production incidents
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
• 5+ years of combined professional experience as an Automation Engineer and/or Application Developer
• A keen understanding of business strategy, providing dynamic solutions using experience, data analyses, and organizational agility to guide your decision-making
• Experience testing a SaaS product in an Agile environment with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle
• Experience in a DevOps environment, with a good understanding of CI/CD using tools like Jenkins, Buildkite (or other similar tools)
• Strength in one or more automation testing tools (e.g. Selenium, WebDriver, JMeter, SoapUI, Watir)
• Excellent problem-solving skills, a love for technical challenges, and a willingness to learn
• Ability to work with senior leaders and all levels of an organization to solve problems
• A self-starter mentality with a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-things-done mindset
• Demonstrated achievements in coaching, influencing and problem solving
• Impeccable time management skills and an ability to self-direct
• Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
• Located in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida or Pennsylvania
• Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.